Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned
Default Chrysler Pacifica reliability

In late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research. I'm reporting absolute stats like "times in the shop" that will make the differences between cars much clearer. Relative ratings obscure too much--how large is the difference between "better than average" and "worse than average"? I’ll also be updating results four times a year, so there will be information on new models sooner.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results free of charge.

Details: Vehicle reliability research

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Default RE: Chrysler Pacifica reliability

Hi,

Are you the same mkaresh - true delta chap who is a lead reviewer on Epinions? If yes, just wanted to let you know I read and appreciated your reviews there while I was researching cars prior to buying my Pacifica.

Thanks and regards,
Jagan.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

Yes, I'm the same mkaresh. I'm glad you found my reviews helpful.

I started TrueDelta because when writing those reviews I often wished I had a better source of reliability information and price comparisons.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Still looking for more Pacifica owners. I'm collecting data on most competitors, including the Ford Freestyle, the GM Outlook/Acadia/Enclave, the Honda Pilot, and the Mazda CX-9. I'd like to include the Pacifica as well.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:55 PM

I just bought a 2004 chrysler Pacifica in July 06. So far I am not very happy at all with it with in the past 3 month my power seats quite working and so did the adjustable pedles and all my gages in the instrument panel started bouncing. Now yesterday the car wouldn't start at all till I reset the system by taking off the battery cables. If I had a chance I wouldn't buy another.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:29 AM

I've had my 04' pacifica for over a year and half. Haven't had any problems with it. Just needed some tires,

Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

In my experience the needles start bouncing if there is a problem with the battery or alternator.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Now just two owners short of being able to start with the 2005. 2004 also getting closer.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 09-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

I've started collecting data on the 2005, and hope to include it in the November results. This will depend on how many owners sign up and participate, though. A few more would certainly help.

The 2004 is nearly three-quarters of the way to the minimum needed to get started with that year.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:31 AM

mkaresh: I was on the Jeep Compass truedalta for you. Just to say the Compass is doomed unles there are some MAJOR changes. The engine is gutless, the CVT keeps the engine going up and down all the time and the complete inside is made of cheap looking plastic! Ther 4x4 is NOT a 4x4 it's an AWD. The fuel mileagewas 22 mpg![X(]
We traded it in on the 07 Pacifica Touring AWD. What is amazing is that the 4,600 lb. Pacifica gets 24.3mpg on the road and 22+ for in our area mpg. The Pacifica is a quality vehicle and there is no compairson with the Compass but the Pacifica out does any Jeep product made in my book.
I think the Compass and the Patriot are in big trouble unless the quality of the Jeep brand is raised a bunch![&o]
The Pacifica is bigger than the Chrysler 300 in every way, inside and out. The 08 Pacificahas droped the dule tail pipes for a single one. Too bad as the dule makes it look and sound so cool!
I don't agree with you[X(]r assesment that the 06 grill looks better. [sm=badidea.gif]That is just your opinion, and the darker inside colors I don't agree with you.[sm=boosign.gif] I do not think the compairson with the two other SUV's was very worth while.[sm=boosign.gif] Otherwise your information was fairly good.

farout

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica reliability