Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Are Chrysler Pacifica's crap? honesty!

Old 11-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Fisherguy, thanks! Will do. Also, do you think it would be better to R/R pulley? or whole Alternator? Alternator is 109.00 + shipping. Pulley is about 50 to 60.00 +shipping +R/R from alternator.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by rickyg
Also, the alternator belt pulley, you replaced yours, and is it quiet now? I have a grinding sound and was told alternator needs replacing. I want to try the pulley first. What's your part source for that stuff?
Rick
rgilmore.info on gmail
Here is what I posted in another forum:
You can buy Gates 37015P Alternator pulley which is same part as OEM but cheaper. You would need to take off serpentine belt from the tensioner and then use a special tool (Miller tool 8433A) to remove the pulley as shown in the following video:

It is bit more complicated than it looks. So what I did is that I bought the Gates 37015P Alternator Pulley, removed the alternator and took the alternator to a local alternator rebuilding shop and ask them to put new bearings and the pulley on. They charged me $35 for bearings and labor. There is a sticky thread on this forum on how to remove the serpentine belt from the tensioner.

Or you can buy new alternator much cheaper on line (Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life) which will come with new pulley & new bearings. Here are the parts numbers for alternator.

3.5L 4868760AH (160 Amp)
3.8L 4868760AF (145 Amp)

I hope helps.

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
Raindrop, so you're blaming a union workers who built your car? Really? Not the engineers who designed it?
Well I do not want to start arguments here but issues with engine using oil is that piston rings were not put togather right way when worker assembled the engine. Also a screw on water pump was not threded right which broke off and shredded the timing belt. If you read the section about NHTSA investigation power steering issues also led to a screw not threaded properly during assembly.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 PM

It's a cheap car considering the size.
And has many cheap parts.
Rust prevention isn't great as with most (or all?) Asian and American cars.
A car's general design takes decades to refine.
Pacifica is a new model or was.