Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Compatibility in Pacifica Options

Old 02-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Default Compatibility in Pacifica Options

I have a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica, FWD 3.8L pretty much base model. I am curious as to what kind of factory upgrades are available to install easily.
For example: I dont have fog lights, but Im sure I can get a factory set off ebay. Is the wiring harness already there for the fog lights?
Another example: I have the regular base model CD player, would I be able to upgrade to the dvd player model as a simple plug and play upgrade?
Another one haha: The clock where the NAV buttons would be, well I dont have one and I think it looks classy with one. Is the wiring already there for that?
Thanks for any help. Ive been reading the forums for sometime now but dont recall every reading about this.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Another one. Converting the base heat and air control unit with the climate controlled digital one.

If I know its possible to do these things, I will make video how to's on installing the stuff to help the community out.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 PM

For sure the fog lights and DVD changer can be added. Not sure if wiring is there for the fogs, the DVD would be plug and play but you would need a screen and wire harness for it for the movie portion. I would guess that he wire harness is there for the clock as it might be part of the hazard swithc. I had an extra one but got rid of it a while back, other wise I would just send it to you. I wanted to pull the clock out of the housing and put it in my town and country. The clock did not separate form the housing. You can get them on ebay for about $20. I am sure you could add the power to it if need be.

For the climate.. it is not that easy. if the flapper doors are already control by electric motors, maybe the conversion could be made but if cables are used, I would have to guess not because of the dual/triple zone partition in the air box which you might not have now. Probably not unless you change out the entire airbox unit.