Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Problematic Pacifica

Old 06-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Default Problematic Pacifica

My 2002 Harley Wideglide is equipped with straight pipes. When I ride it's loud & windy, but the Pacifica possibly makes more & louder noises!!!

My wife's 2007 Pacifica has started vibrating as we travel down the highway, it is the worst at 70mph. It seems to be in the mid to rear of car. It also makes a thumping sound near the mid to rear of the car when we accelerate from any speed below 20 to approx 30MPH, this thumping is easily felt & is loud enough to be recorded on my cell phone. We have approx 55885 miles on the AWD, automatictransmission with Autostick option. The car sometimes has a surge in acceleration when driving off. The AC/heater doesn't blow from where the control indicates. Usually its the floor or defrost when we have the dash vents selected. We also recently had the rear tires cup out very badly. They had been fine until we drove car on 1000 mile trip with 6 passengers & luggage.I had tire dealer check alignment, the car did not need aligned.

If anyone can give me advice on any of the problems I listed I would greatly appreciate it. New at the forum thing so please forgive any bad manners I may show.

Thanks, Apehanger.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:54 PM

New at the forum thing so please forgive any bad manners I may show.
Damn Newbies

Anyhow........

Cupping of tires, and vibrations are only the end result of a poor alignment...Aligning the car will NOT fix any damage caused by the fact that it has been OUT of ALIGNMENT... Just food for thought for next time.

Crawl under the car, with a flafhlight, and make sure your Driveshaft still has all of its bolts.... Common issue...

Did you replace the tires???? And just a reminder, AWD vehicles REQUIRE the tires to match, both Tread design, and Tread depth. It is usually required that you purchase a set of 4 to accomplish this.

You either have a MODE door Broken in the heater box, or the Motor went south.....If I recall correctly, both scenarios require heater box removal,And that is NOT the job you want to tackle on your own. HAve it professionally evaluated.