Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Driver Side Door Module Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Question Driver Side Door Module Not Working

Hi,
A couple of years ago my 2005 Pac's driver side and passenger side seat control and heating quit working. Took it to dealer and with my wrap around extended warranty and 50 dollar deductible they fixed it by replacing a module that controls those functions. All was well for 2 years until last evening. Car sat out in cold while I was at a concert. Got in car adjusted driver side seat back. Stopped to talk to someone and could not put down the driver side window. I then noticed that driver side control module lights were out. Upon further research I now find out that the mirrors can't be adjusted, no windows work from the driver side, driver side seat cannot be positioned nor can it be heated. I also just discovered that the radio does not turn off after a few seconds when pulling key out of ignition, opening and shutting door. I have to turn it off manually. The passenger side seat can heat and adjust ok. So, I would think it is not the same module as two years ago. I have checked all of the fuses 40 and 41.. actually swapped them out and the problem stayed the same. Also fuse 8 the powerseat c/b is okay.. Oh what does c/b mean. Any quick suggetstions before I spend my 50 dollars to have this fixed? Anything I am overlooking?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

that module is called a Memory heated seat controller and it has nothing to do with the windows. Let the dealer take a look at ti for the 50 bucks.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by barrr
Hi,
A couple of years ago my 2005 Pac's driver side and passenger side seat control and heating quit working. Took it to dealer and with my wrap around extended warranty and 50 dollar deductible they fixed it by replacing a module that controls those functions. All was well for 2 years until last evening. Car sat out in cold while I was at a concert. Got in car adjusted driver side seat back. Stopped to talk to someone and could not put down the driver side window. I then noticed that driver side control module lights were out. Upon further research I now find out that the mirrors can't be adjusted, no windows work from the driver side, driver side seat cannot be positioned nor can it be heated. I also just discovered that the radio does not turn off after a few seconds when pulling key out of ignition, opening and shutting door. I have to turn it off manually. The passenger side seat can heat and adjust ok. So, I would think it is not the same module as two years ago. I have checked all of the fuses 40 and 41.. actually swapped them out and the problem stayed the same. Also fuse 8 the powerseat c/b is okay.. Oh what does c/b mean. Any quick suggetstions before I spend my 50 dollars to have this fixed? Anything I am overlooking?

Thanks
If you have a manual, you might want to read about the door modules.. there is a DDM (drive door module) and a PDM (Passenger door module). They integrate with the heated seat/memeory module. Since the passenger side works OK, I bet you are having problems with the DDM. Pull the IOD fuse or battery cable and see if everything works after you hook it back up.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give that a try. I also have found that the following items do NOT work:

1) I can open the lift gate with the remote, but it will not open by hand, even after unlocking the doors

2) I cannot lock the doors. The remote will cause the car to beep as usual but the doors are not locked.

3) I hope that is all I find.

Am going to go out and pull that IOD fuse and see what happens. That would be an easy fix.

Bob

Old 02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Smile

Oh my Gosh!
I can't believe it worked! As I read your response I thought to myself "this is waaaay to simple". BUT IT WORKED!

I am now back to full functioning.

I could not get the fuse out.. it had some sort of weird thing that held it in, so I just disconnected the battery cable, plugged it back in and everything works. The seat, the locks, the radio, the tail gate.

It is really amazing!

Next quesion is: where do I send the 25 dollars?

Thanks very much. Long live the internet and people like you who are able and willing to help others.

Bob Barr

Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

what u did was just a temp fix the real issue will come back again

Old 02-09-2010, 01:35 AM

It is hit and miss with this. The door locks quit on my Town and Country. I had the wife pull the fuse and they started working again ( was out of Town when this happened). That was last October. From what I have read is this is a temp fix and you just have to watch it. If the frequency increases.. like every week (or daily) instead of months apart, then it is time to take it in. For my problem, the fix is a PCM re-flash I think. If mine ever gets worse, I will take it in. I think all these modules eventually get confused.. too many things happening over the communication bus at once?

Glad you are OK for now.. just remember not to pull the fuse if you intend to take it in.

Fixit