Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Dvd help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Question Dvd help

I have an '06 Pacifica Touring AWD with the DVD player (OEM) in the dash and the car has no screens to play DVD's. I have found OEM screens for the headrests but need to know if the wiring is allready there. Any help would be great.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 AM

the factory screen is mounted to the roof

Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 AM

Would the wiring be in the headliner already?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM

I am purchasing a 2005 pacifica and have been trying to figure this out myself...would be interested in knowing the answer to this as well.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:54 PM

I have never seen any wiring there in the PAC or the Vans. To be sure, you can pull the DVD player and see if it has an open socket on the back.
Also.. you have to make sure you have the correct screen because there are 2 types of systems.... on that used IR headphones and one that use RF headphones.

This can also be identified also when the DVD player is out. There is a pin-out diagram on top of the player.. one specifically identifies IR out. The IR systems have a red plastic panel on the trim of the screen housing that faces the rear seats. The RF screen does not have the red plastic panel.

Be prepared to pay about $300 for the IR harness and about $150 for the RF harness.
Fixit

Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 AM

As mentioned, if you don't have the monitor there isn't any harness. You'll have to buy one and the prices above seems to be about right. See if you can locate one at a junk yard.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Here's what you want:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...mZ360134909156

Note that the '04-'06 7-inch set-up is about 200 bucks less than the later 8-inch kit.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:43 AM

Not to discount what others have said but for at least the 04-06 and maybe even 07's you need to get the right screen and cable that match your DVD changer. There are 2 types. I have seen this happen many times on forums where the OP get a screen and harness and it does not work correctly. He either has to sell it or eat the cost which is not cheap. There is a possibilty that it will work ok if not using the headphones but why not get the correct parts so that if need, the headphones will work? Do a search on this forum for people that have had isues adding screens.. (search DVD headphones) the problem are out there. You can check pacifcaworld.com as well.

NOTE.. I read the original post more carefully.... not sure what is meant by OEM screens for the headrests as Chrysler did not make these. Or do you mean after market screens made into OEM headrests? Also.. is this a DVD player built into Am/fm radio as there was a few of these or is it a 6 disc changer separate from the radio? In any event, you will have to determine which changer you have and if you are using just the screens in the headrests, there is a website that lists connectors only typically with a foot pigtail. You maybe be able to add to this cable for the video portion with the correct shielded cable. The headphone thing still applies here if you want to use them.

Fixit

Last edited by mrfixit454; 03-01-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM

There is no wiring and you dodn't need one
I have done this for a customer only one time i dont' know if i was lucky or all pacificas are like this
i pull from the dash the factory dvd player
in the back side there is picture of the plugs and tells you what each pin it is for ,
so i just solder 2 wires for the video and run the rca jack to the headrest monitors it works great

good luck

look at this label on the dvd player
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X197&url=http%3A//cas07.businessflow.ms/Current/media/get_image.aspx%3Fdomain%3Dlkqonline.com%26image_gu id%3Db3781252-20da-4944-885f-f929eb54cc40%26size%3D2

Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 PM

I made up a harness myself using a Mopar repair plug and RCAs. I just sent one to a guy in florida along with instructions and a dash tool that doesn't mark up the plastic You can also use the power from the DVD player as well. I connected the screen, 900mhz transmitter, video distribution amp, and a 3" screen for the front passenger. I plan on making more of these adapters. Sometimes there is a half cable that runs from the DVD to the right A-pillar.
You can connect any screen or headphones you want to any Pac with the right stuff.

Quick Reply: Dvd help