Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Evap/Gascap error code fix and prevent

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Default Evap/Gascap error code fix and prevent

I know a lot of Pacifica owners got this trouble code and have no clue what is causing it. After 3 hours of smoke testing on my Pacifica the prob was found. One of the plastic fittings on the jet pump (in the fuel tank) broke and was causing the pressure leak. Talkin with a few chysler tech this is a common prob. If you look at how it laid out the Jet pump is connected to the main fuel pump by a hard plastic hose, but the connection on the jet pump is more than a 90 degree angle and it puts pressure on the fitting which in breaks over time. What the tech do is shave off some of the plastic mold on the pump itself so you can turn it to decrease the angle. Today a buddy of mine owns a shop so we tried this on the new pump but was still putting pressure on the fitting. Soo we took out the hose cut off the ends and made a new line and clamped the ends back on. Works like a champ!

I would suggest you do this b4 you end up like me and had to dish out $250 for a new pump just because the fittings broke. If you have this code look to see if this is the prob on your Pacifica too. The jet pump is the one on the passenger side on the tank. U will need to drop the tank to do this.... not really hard there is 2 bar clamps that hold it up but first lower the tail pipe there is also 2 clamps that hold it up aswell.

Good luck!

Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 AM

I had this error along with the check engine light on my 2006 Pacifica. First I got the codes from the local Auto Zone. Some type of leak in the evap system. I tried a new gascap and that didn't work. Then I paid $80 for a smoke test and they did not find a leak. After that, I bought the evap canister for $55 and had it installed for $45. I also had the codes reset. The check engine light disappeared but the gascap error did not. So I disconnected the battery and it erased the error. I took it to emissions right away and they said that it could not be tested because the sytem on my car was not ready. They said run it for 100 miles without turning it off and come back and get it tested. I did that and it finally passed. Hope that helps some of you.