Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Glove Box won't open

Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Default Glove Box won't open

Hello people new to the board and I have a quick questions for the members. I haven't had a problem at all with my 05 Pacifica Touring until last night. My glove box has worked open and closed with no problem but yesterday I locked my wallet in the glove box while at my son's baseball practice. I went to unlock it and it didn't open at all. I got frustrated and I pulled to hard and broke the handle to the glove box. It still doesn't open now!!! My question is how can I get the glove box opened? Can I just get a replacement handle for the future once the box can be opened or do I have to buy a new door with handle attached?

Old 04-30-2009, 05:41 PM

I just went out and looked at my glovebox,and it looks like the latch and handle are one piece of plastic.
Unfortunately, the assembly is held together by 2 screws on the inside, no way to get at it until you open it. You may have to finish the job and snap off the last piece of the plastic handle to open it up.
You are on your own there, but it doesnt look too difficult with a Dremel or drill

I cant tell if the lock and latch are part of a single assembly or not without taking it apart, but it looks like it is. Call your local dealers parts dept, they should be able to help you

I looked at wykoff chrysler online parts store, and they list the glove box door, latch assy,and striker as parts available

(look under: collision catalog/body parts/instrument panel/glove box)

Last edited by redhill; 04-30-2009 at 05:53 PM.