Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

need help bigtime

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Default need help bigtime

Ok this might turn out to be a bit long winded however I want to give you guys the most accurate description I can.

Passenger side headlight went out, not a big deal however my girlfriend decided to change it out while I was out of town on a work trip. She had the headlights turned on and somehow sparked/grounded the light out to the body of the car. The headlight still works without issue however the radio has gone caput.

What I have done so far was check all the fuses and everything seems ok. I purchased a new radio with complete install setup from crutchfield with all needed converters. I installed the new radio as shown and spent a bunch of time with the service techs at cruthfield trying to troubleshoot this thing. The radio will turn on and seems to be functioning just fine however thier is no sound. At this point I am suspecting the amp is bad also. After a few days the new radio I had just installed will not turn on just like the stock radio did. I do get lights on the radio when I turn the headlights on just like I did with the stock radio just the darn thing won't turn on. I have also noticed that the little computer thing on the lower left side of the dash that displays milage and other intervals will only work when I push the 3rd button on the garage opener on the overhead counsil.

Is it possible their is a computer that controls these items. I really don't have a clue where to start anymore. I am not getting any codes and everything else works great and the car runs and drives just fine. What do all these things have in comon? what should I check next?

This is a 2006 chrysler pacifica touring with 45,000 miles

Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 PM

>>>>>>>>>

Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 AM

TNtech, any ideas? bcm?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by kingzj
TNtech, any ideas? bcm?
Yeah that post was where I posted in the wrong thread.
Anyway...yes

Yours, it appears to be the Accessory Relay circuit. It powers up Amp and radio, sunroof, overhead trip computer, power outlets. I'm assuming your power outlets are dead too? The relay is in the IPM under the hood, however it may not be the relay, it could be internal issue with the IPM making the relay function intermittent. Not a BCM issue.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Thankyou so much for your help. Now which relay do I need to check and or replace and how do I tell if the problem is internal with the ipm? Do I need to take this to a dealership? Do I have to get the relay from the dealer? Is their any way to test the relay and or switch it with another relay?

Thanks again for your help it is huge