Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Default Headlight Issue

ok here is my issue,
Just changed out my factory standard headlight for what I thought was after market HID Headlights. ( now this is the entire bezel that I have not just the bulbs). Now I swapped out the assembly from a 2004 Model Limited edition the housing was clear thought nothing of it swapped them out wham nice lights on my ride now ahright. Until I get the call from the lil lady when she gets off work ( 10pm) that only one light is on. I tell her I will look at it in the morning. check them out they are working fine. figured just a small glitch. well it turns out that I have the factory OEM HID lights now and they will not stay on what so ever. Have been told by someone that only works with this type of lighting that I must go to the local dealership and have my PCM reprogrammed to accept the lights. That is 100.0 bucks an hour a route that I don't want to go with.

the High Beams work fine ( just ask the Drunks that I pissed off on my way to work at 3am) It is the Low Beams that wont work. you can get them to flash every so often by twisting the switch on the column but they wont stay on. that is with the engine on. Now with the engine off if I turn them on they will stay on even after I crank the engine over ( that was just in the drive way tonight haven't road tested it yet. but the lil lady wants me to go to the local pick and pull get some lights and see if they will swap out or do a trade type deal since I have the HID and want the standard ones. I am wanting to now what to do to get these lights to work in my ride. it looks sharp with the HID and they just light the hell up out of the road with the low beams on. PLEASE help me out here

Old 10-20-2015, 10:19 PM

Okay just an update for everyone since there have been a crap load of views just no replies. I am still working on finding out the main issue since I swapped out from halogen to the Projection light assembly. It is really starting to upset me that the low beams are being stupid. some times I have head lights other times I don't or I just have the one light and it changes on what side has the light that is working. So I tick off other drivers and drive with my High beams on if I have to take my Pacifica out at night.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:26 PM

I know this is an old dead thread, but I do have the solution for anyone else looking to do the same. The 2004 Pacifica was the only one with hids as standard, but all the parts are compatible with 2004-2006. The only difference is the circuits in the pcm. I had a 2004 that hit a deer and shattered the fuse box and damaged the pcm. After scavenging parts from a base model 2006 I could not get the hids to turn on and not flicker. Turns out the pcm from the 2006 had a different part number than the one from the 2004. The 2004 part number works in the 2006 but not the other way around. Taking the pcms apart I noticed the difference in the circuitry and had to repair the 2004 pcm in order to get everything to work. Other problems occurred due to the different pcm such as certain controls being reversed or operated differently, the shifter would lock if the brakes were touched. So unless you plan on putting aftermarket headlights in, you will need to find a compatible pcm to swap.