Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Headphones not working!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Thumbs up Headphones not working!

I am the proud owner of a new used 2007 Pac Limited Awd, the car has 35000mi on it and it came with the rear DvD 8" screen. What's strange, is that the screen has the red plastic thing on it, but my Headsets are RF (with the scan button and 3 batteries). My understanding is that the screen I have should be used with the infrared Headsets.

With brand new batteries I've turned the headsets on, I pressed the power/headset button on the remote the logo appears on the radio screen, but nothing from the headphones. I pressed the scan button the light will eventually turn from red to green but with a static sound as if I was not tuned in to a radio station. There is a dvd playing, the radio from the car is as well, so the remote works.

These headphones have not work since I got the car 3weeks ago. Anybody knows whats going on?

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 PM

I think you have answered your question.. you are using RF headphones on an IR system. This is assuming the system is all factory components. Do you know anyone with a Pacifica or Chrysler /Dodge minivan with IR headphones you can try? Can you bring it to the dealer to see if they have a set of IR headphones you can try. I can't tell you how many times this happens. I am proud to say I sold my pacifica with the correct headphones and demonstrated how they worked for the new owners.

Let us know what you come up with. ebay has brand new factory headphones for about $25 each. However I would make sure an IR set works with your system before you buy anything. There is a possibility that other components don't match. The DVD changer and wire harness are also specific between IR and RF models. Also since IR, you need to be in the back seat (s) not the front for the headphones to work. I say because I tried it once from the front seat when I was testing something years back.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the reply,

The car is going to the dealer in two days, it is still under warranty, after verifying the vin number they told me that it was a legit chrysler/mopar dvd unit and if needed we would get new headphones. My only concern is that we purchased the car from another dealer 5hrs away and if its the wrong headsets, they could refer us to the dealer who sold the car to us. I can see a cat and mouse game coming up. The car was a 2 year lease return.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM

Ok.. stay on them though and go all the way up to the owner on each end if you need to. They should make it right for you.

Good luck

Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Default Headphones not working!

Assuming you have the right kind of headphones, it could be a simple thing like you need to aim the remote at the dvd player and press the button to make the sound go to the headphones. We struggled for an hour with this one day before we went on a trip and then in a Eureka! moment, it came to me that it had to do with the remote. I don't remember which button we had to push but it is in the manual, and you just need to read it carefully while you do it.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by dique1
Assuming you have the right kind of headphones, it could be a simple thing like you need to aim the remote at the dvd player and press the button to make the sound go to the headphones. We struggled for an hour with this one day before we went on a trip and then in a Eureka! moment, it came to me that it had to do with the remote. I don't remember which button we had to push but it is in the manual, and you just need to read it carefully while you do it.
If you read his post again, it says the headphone logo appears on the radio so the sound is coming to the headphones. he even says he gets some type of sound but it is distorted.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 AM

Also make sure you are sitting in the back seat when trying to get the head phones to work, we found out that our Pacifica has a safety feature which does not allow the headphones to work in the front.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 PM

Yes I was sitting on the rear seat, and the sound I was getting from the headphone was just static. Btw the car is going to the dealer tomorrow!

Old 06-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Ok.. Fingers crossed for you

Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM

OK here is the story, as per my local dealership, the headphones belong to a 2003 Dodge Caravan, they charged me $50 for diagnostic as the wrong headphones are not warrantied I don't know what to think of this, I bought a new dodge ram and two new Sebrings in the last 8 yrs from those guys!

I called the dealer who sold me the Pacifica, the used car manager told me that I would not receive the right headphones unless they get a Pacifica on their lot! So I left a message to the dealership general manager as he will not be back until monday!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headphones not working!