Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

heater problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Default heater problem

I have a 2004 Pacifica with a heater fan problem. The fan in the front does not work at all (no air, no defrost, no noise) and the rear fan blows only cold air. The dealer said it was a fuse (we had already replaced that). Then they said it was the relay (black thingie under the fuse) and they wanted $238.00 to replace it. So...we replaced it ourselves but still no joy. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas of what to try? We are just out of warrantee and I am terrified at what the cost will be if I go back to the dealer. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: heater problem

time for some diog if u can do this take the front blower relay under the cove out and jump the pins 30 and 87. That will bypass the relay control and give power right to the blower resistor. Have the key one and see if the fan does come on. if it does then u more then likely have a front controler issue or IPM issue which is the fuse box it self.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:15 AM

This sounds like it could be costly, the front controller or the IPM. Are they easily corrected? Are they computer problems?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Ijust purchased a 2007 Pacifica on Dec. 27/07 and have run into the same problem. I phoned my dealership and they told me this is a common problem and what causes it is when I warm my vehicle up and if I don't clear the windshield off of snow, it melts down to the cowling (under the windshiled wipers) and freezes things off.
Their solution: put a tarp on the windshield every night so snow can't freeze it off!!
I had to put my vehicle in a heated shop for 2 hours to thaw it out. I think I will be making more of a fuss and getting this fixed correctly.
Any ideas out there on what exactly the problem is?
Danny

Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 PM

Does your vehicle have auto temp? If so, it is most likely the blower module behind the glovebox.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:40 PM

Flames what exactly is your vehicle doing?? Blowing fuses???

Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 PM

It's doing nothing -- the fan level shows it's blowing full blast but there is nothing coming out (hot or cold air)whatsoever. So I have to put in a heated shop for a couple of hours to thaw it out and then it works. Warmed up here a bit today so is working fine now.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:51 PM

hmm thats a good one. I haven't run ito that at work yet. Next time it happens set the blower on high and hit the bottom of the dash on the passenger side below the blower motor to see if it comes on. If it work at that point it needs a motor, I have had bad bushings in motors cause this. I have also seen water get into the motors from the cowl and then freeze, this may be whats happening to yours?? I understand its an 07 but who knows.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 PM

Hello Just bought a used 05 pacifica and I am having similar problems. The blower quit one day, so we had the blower replaced.Worked fine until the nest morning and no blower again. On the way back to the dealer it started to work. WOrked fine all day for them. Next day we picked it up, worked fine all day until that night when we started it up and it would not run. We went down the road about 5 miles and it started working again????

Old 02-17-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm new to this Chrysler Forum so Hello all. I own a 2004 Pacifica . Great car. Wish the MPG was better but what the hey. Its been about 20 degrees here for the past week and my heater just stopped working. The Climate control panel is lit and shows everything is working. But the blower is not BLOWING. The rear blower works but air is COLD. I can hear the the flaps moving when I switch them from defrost to vents to floor vents. I checked the fuses and they are good. I just ordered a blower relay for $14 but after reading some of these posts I may not need it. I thought of the frozen thing too. And yesterday while driving the fan came on , but low. It was set to high. Now it has not worked even after driving it all day. I don't have a WARM place to put it for a couple of hours to thaw it out. YET! Just wanted to say thanks for all the post . Now I have a better idea of what may be going on.

Quick Reply: heater problem