Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Angry Help.

Chrysler pacifica 2005 3.5l
Start at the beginning we had a code for cylinder 1 misfire code with a really rough idle and the car would try to jerk. We followed the service bulletin for the lock retainers changed spark plugs and everything else that could cause a cylinder 1 misfire. We also did a top end clean. After that things got worse. We then had cylinder 1 misfire and multiple cylinder misfire. We did a bunch of research and came up with one or two problems it could be damage to the engine block or damage to the head. So we went with a new engine dealership said they would inspect the heads and do the gaskets. We get the car back in put 10 miles on it and I have a cylinder 1 misfire again. Bring the car back to the dealership they "repaired" the black pcm wire harness with rtv and tell us we need a new pcm. My husband orders one from autozo preplanned with our info. Then we have alot more issues the car turns on but that is it. Can't shift it, no head light, no window control no radio, no horn air conditioner and the abs trac control air bag and check engine light is on however the obd2 can not link. He trys to see if he can find a short with no luck then again we don't know where all the ground wires are. The next morning we call the dealership they suggest inspect the black wire harness and see if something came loose. We did one better we went to the junk yard and got a pigtail of the wire harness. Did more research that night when that didn't do anything and found we had similar symptoms of a skreem lock out. Had the car towed to dealership and they were able to get the issue with skreem lock out fixed now we had a cylinder misfire code again and a instrument panel code. Dealership is confused they have never seen this before and we are at hair pull out time. The car is still at the dealership and the kids go back to school in a few days. I need the family car back asap and any advice is greatly appreciated. I would like to give the dealership a direction to go. Sadly the pcm and the wiring harness had the same issues the 2004 recall repaired but did not cover my 2005. There were quite a few of the recalls 2004 covered that did not cover my car. HELP!

Old 08-25-2015, 12:05 AM

Sounds like this video may help. It was posted by someone else in the forum but may help.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:17 AM

Thank you I forwarded the link to the dealership. I hope they can figure it out soon. I also found something about the placement of the wiring harness through the engine. One post talks about either the black/orange pcm wire runs near a engine mount and as the engine mount rubs and pinches it and can cut some of the wires. But I am not sure if it would throw a engine misfire code.