Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Help 75k

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 AM
Default Help 75k

My wife has the 2006 Pacifica 3.5L coming up on 75k miles and the check engine(emissions) light came on today...

(1) took it in to chrysler and they told me I need to change the EGR Valve.(estimated the job @ $400.00) Does any have any DIY ideas and estimates this project. I am capable of turning wrenches i have just never worked on my pacifica... I think i am about to get started because i cant afford thier prices

(2) I have an appointment scheduled for the 75k service next week but I am considering postponing it.

(3) I also have a clicking/rattling noise on the right front side. sounds like something is loose in the suspension i keep reading posts about control arms and etc... I had the tie end rods changed around 60k miles. How do i know if its the control arms?

Help
Marcus

Old 01-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Default Control Arms

I've been trying to chase down the clicking/popping noise for a while. Dealer replaced the lower control arms and sway bar links but it didn't help. They also installed a gasket on the face of the halfshafts which supposedly fixes this problem but this also did not help.

I had loose axle nuts that would make a popping noise when accelerating/decelerating. Axle nuts were tightened and axle shaft gaskets replaced. Fixed the popping when accelerating/decelerating but the clicking/popping when turning at low speeds still remains.

The only thing I haven't replaced are the front wheel bearings, strut tower bearings, and left and right axles. It really sounds like a failing CV joint to me but at 65,000 it seems too early. Guess I'll find out someday when one of these components finally fails completely.

I'd guess the clicking popping is one of the above three things that haven't been replaced on my PAC thusfar.