Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Instrument cluster stays lit with key removed

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Default Instrument cluster stays lit with key removed

I have a 2004 AWD Pacifica. We havent driven it much lately and during the torrential rains it got wet inside. I believe the sunroof leaked. I tried starting it and the battery was dead. Jump started the car and it ran fine except the Nav will not come on. I tried ejecting the Nav DVD in the back and it wont eject. Pulled the fuse and it looks good. Turned the car off and the instument cluster stayed illuminated. Went back to the car 30 mins later and battery was dead. Jump started it again. Cluster stayed illuminated again on shut down. Disconected the battery and charged overnight. The next morning started the car and when I turned it off the cluster shut down slowly. 1st the fuel guage went to empty, then the engine lights came on, then the cluster finally all went dark. It acted like a slow relay to me. Now it seems like when the battery is fresh off the charger the cluster goes out slowly and when its weak the lights stay on until the battery is dead. No other lights on in the car. The Nav feature is still dead. Any ideas before it goes to the dealer with gremlins and the clean out my wallet.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Default update

Took the car to Chrysler. They said "Checked codes had code for IOD open. Checked IOD fuse. Fuse good. Scanned cluster, code for internal failure. Cleared codes, checked battery, good volts, Recommend replace cluster, customer decline repairs." They wanted $1524 to replace the cluster and I'm not sure that will take care of the problem. Key Fob doesnt work, Nav doesnt work, tailgate doesnt work. However the cluster does go out when I remove the key now. One small victory. The other A/c problem is a hole in the Evaporator, evidently a common problem. They wanted another $1282 to fix that.
My only question now is do you think replacing the instrument cluster will fix all the other problems? and if I replaced with a non-nav version (much cheaper) would everything but the nav work?

Old 02-28-2016, 07:51 PM

What did you end up doing? I have the same exact problem. I don't want to junk it even thought I'm looking for something I can count on now. I'd like to keep the repair cheap and use it to trade in.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM

I have the exact same problem. Someone must have an answer!

Old 09-06-2016, 05:19 AM

I bought a new cluster on ebay and it solved the problem. Sold the car a year later.