Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Intermittant keyless entry issues -NOT the remote

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Question Intermittant keyless entry issues -NOT the remote

Our keyless entry works intermittantly. Just got back from the dealer and they claim they can't diagnose the issue since it was working when they checked it. As soon as we got home it failed and worked again later. We did purchase a new remote key (from the dealer)and it works just the same so we know it's not the remotes. Seem to be some weird things happening. A few times when I got out and shut the driver door it locked automatically. Also, when the keyless entry worked on one of the occasions earlier, it only unlocked the driver door we had to use the unlock buttons inside to unlock the remaining doors. Wondering if this could be a keyless entry receiver issue? Does anyone know where the receiver is located on a 2007 Pacifica? Could it be something else? Heard of possibly resetting an issue by unhooking the battery. Could that possibly help? Also, is replacing the receiver something we can do or is there some kind of special programming that has to happen that only a dealer can do?

Old 03-06-2023, 09:27 PM
Default Key fob Passive Entry Intermittently Working

Originally Posted by CAbball
Our keyless entry works intermittantly. Just got back from the dealer and they claim they can't diagnose the issue since it was working when they checked it. As soon as we got home it failed and worked again later. We did purchase a new remote key (from the dealer)and it works just the same so we know it's not the remotes. Seem to be some weird things happening. A few times when I got out and shut the driver door it locked automatically. Also, when the keyless entry worked on one of the occasions earlier, it only unlocked the driver door we had to use the unlock buttons inside to unlock the remaining doors. Wondering if this could be a keyless entry receiver issue? Does anyone know where the receiver is located on a 2007 Pacifica? Could it be something else? Heard of possibly resetting an issue by unhooking the battery. Could that possibly help? Also, is replacing the receiver something we can do or is there some kind of special programming that has to happen that only a dealer can do?
My 2022 Chrysler Pacifica is doing the same thing. It is really annoying. Honestly, I’ve noticed it working at around 7 pm at night at my house and no where else. It doesn’t work more times than it works. I haven’t taken it in yet, but I will be to try and fix it.

Old 03-24-2023, 10:25 AM

I had a similar issue and it took my dealer 2+ weeks to figure it out. It ended up being a star connector. Maybe this will help someone else!