Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Just a little heads up

Old 04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Default Just a little heads up

I was washing my 2005 Black Pacifica Limited about 6 months ago and I was was wiping it down (I take care of this thing religously) and I noticed a bubble in the paint right in front of the right rear tire (about the diameter of a M&M mini...pretty small)...never the less I was like WTF?

I investigated further and that led me down a very dark road that probably a lot of you will end up going through. I immediatly checked the rust through warranty (5 years, 100,000 miles if I remember right) so I took it to the my local dealer here in Millbury Mass. They started investigating by removing the bubble which of course was rust, they cut out a section approx, 3" x 5" around the bubble to check the area.

Now, I was not aware of how Chrysler put the Pacifica together, I guess there is an inner body and an outer body with a sprayed on layer of sound deadening material, well a spot weld or something failed and moisture got into the layer of sprayed on material.

To make a long story short(er), they found rust on virtually the entire right side and it ended up being almost $9,500 worth of body work and 1.5 months of a rental car (which Chryler picked up the expense -$250.00)

The body shop who did this could not believe the amount of devistation for such a young car. I know the history on my car and it is clean (or was)....but of course now, it's not worth crap because this will show up on a car fax. Here is a couple pictures.

Lesson to me......I will never buy one again

Here it is when it came back and same as now