Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Default Leather seats

How do you get the leather seats clean?. I purchased a leather cleaner in a parts store but it really does not do much.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Leather seats

Did it come with a sponge? If you use the leather cleaner with a sponge, creating a good "suds" in a circular motion, and then wipe up with a clean white towel, the white towel should show if you are picking up dirt or not. I would use a roll of white paper towel for this, as you will use alot. Always follow up with a leather conditioner. If this sudsy system does not work, I willexplain another way, but not the prefered way.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:22 PM

The following procedure isn't specifically for Pac's, but was highly recommended at my other online automotive home (forum for Oldsmobile Aurora owners):

-

I THINK I’ve found the best solution for older dirty GM leather. Here’s what I did:

Wipe down your seats with a few clean damp terry cloth towels (I used old washcloths) with all purpose cleaner or a gentle liquid soap such as Woolite. As it happens, I had a bottle of L.O.C. kicking around, so I used that – just a couple of drops at full strength. Be “vigorously gentle” as you clean the leather.

Once you have wiped off all traces of soap and allowed the leather to dry, use a small piece of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to deep clean your seats, steering wheel, and leather shifter ****. This was the only thing that took off dirt stains, along with some marks on my tan leather. Again, don’t get too aggressive with the Eraser as it is an abrasive, just let it do the work for you. I didn’t need to spend more than 1 minute on the driver’s seat. Once you’re done, wipe down your leather with a clean damp cloth and let it dry for at least 20 minutes.

Now, use something called Leather Therapy. I had bought a sample pack from a nearby equestrian store. Here is the link:

http://www.leathertherapy.com/index....roducts_id=229

I followed the instructions on the bottles exactly, and used everything but the fourth bottle (the water repellent). My seats look and feel great! This was the only thing I had done on my interior this weekend, and it truly feels like I'm driving a new car! I have used several leather cleaners in the past (the usual suspects) and this product is vastly superior. There is NO COMPARISON to the products that most people buy to treat their leather (Simoniz, Armor All, etc.)

The link above includes the sample pack, but I’m confident you won’t regret it if you purchased the larger bottles.

Forget the rest, this stuff is the best for GM leather. I also treated the seats in my Toyota, but the results weren’t nearly as impressive as they were on the Aurora.

Enjoy!!!!
-

Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 AM

Cleaning is important but leather also needs moisturizing. I use Maquires leather conditioner after cleaning and they look great.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM

This may sound odd, but hardwood floor wax works awesome as a conditioner.
If you are using a"soap", first clean a small area completelyto see how much, if any,die is being removed. Some soaps will remove alot of die and you will be left with having to have the seats re-dyed prematurely.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Thank you to everyone!