Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Liftgate problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Default Liftgate problem

I went grocery shopping and was able to load my grocery in the back of my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica, when I got home theliftgate would not open. I read the manual and it stated that there's an emergency latch located on the inside trim of the liftgate. All I could find was a 1 inch removeable hole. I removed it and tried to locate for remove the whole trim with no success. Can anyone help me. Is this an known issue with this year model? I took pictures of the inside if anyone needs to see it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4315/143ED563E0714C9FAC5C276658DFBF44.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Default RE: Liftgate problem

You're on the right track. Inside the small pop out cover there's a small white plastic loop near the back of the access hole.A little off to the left when you're looking into the hole.You'll need a screwdriver or something to reach it (maybe a pen?)and probably a flashlight.It's not really emergency friendly, like you would find in some trunks, but it is in that small hole.Good Luck

Old 10-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Default RE: Liftgate problem

Well I found the emegency liftgate latch and yes it's not a real friendly emergency latch. I don't even know how they got by with letting this go by whom ever approve vehicle on the road with this type of system. An emergency latch should be something to access easly for the safty of the user. Well after going thorugh hell and high water on this issue, I found that it was not the lifegate issue at all! It was the auto-shift that was the issue. As you read the manual it states that the vehicle must be out of gear or the lock won't work. It doesn't mention anything about down shifting the auto-shift all the way down. So that is what the problem was folks, so if this should happen to someone else, mention to them that to check the auto-shift is down all the way, even if you have been driving in automatc mode.