Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Default DVD

I would like to install a sun visor type screen in my 2004 PAC. I already have the factory installed DVD player so I assume the connections are there to do this.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
How do I get the DVD player out without damaging the panels. I have not done too much disassembly of dash components.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Default RE: DVD

This is a lot harder than you think. I did the same thing and thought all the conections would be there or ar at least I could buy the harness from the dealer. No Luck.

You first need to remove the dash trim, it is just in there with some pressure clips, pull gently and it will come off. Next remove the screws holding the dvd player in there. I could pull mine again to see the pins but I had to make my own wiring harness. Go to Radio Shack and get some small connectors and shrink tube, this way when the harness is in there you wont create a short.

The other draw back of going this direction is that you cannot use some of the features of the dvd system since you dont have the whole system. Mine will start to play all dvds automatically and my search functions are limited. If you really want maybe I can take some pics of what I have done for you. Ive had it this way for a couple years now and 80K so it does work.