Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Long Range Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Default Long Range Performance

Thought I would check in with our latest marathon type trip. ( The wife and I love these). Our latest was to the west coast from South Dakota via Lake Tahoe and hitting the coast just north of San Francisco. Then up the coast via Hiway 101 to just short of Portland, then west through Washington, Montana etc to home. Roughly 4,500 miles.

Our 2007 Pac Touring performed exceptionally well. We averaged 23 MPG overall. I drove the winding 101 entirely and the Pac performed very well on the twisting winding road.

We had an interesting experience in Montana. It was time for an oil change. (At home I do that kind of stuff myself and am very particular of someone else touching my vehicle under the hood). Anyway, after explaining I wanted only an oil and filter change I watched the technition working with a wrench on top of the engine. I said "what the hell are you doing?' You are supposed to be changing the oil. He said I'm checking your air filter. Well on the top of the air filter there is a sticker that says "Do not replace" permanent K&N filter. Then they tried to check the tranny. Well, there is no dip stick on the 4L six speed. That has to be checked at the Chrysler dealership if they don't have a special insterment to measure the temp of the transaxel fluid (which they did not). I was quite upset with this QuickLube place and let them know it. Anyway $40 to change oil and filter is a joke. Traverlers beware.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Default where at?

i live in missoula, mt. 40 bucks is a joke and those boneheads usually screw it up. its an oil change for heaven's sake. hope you enjoyed the views and the speed limits. its a twenty dollar fine for ten over and a 40 for 20 and up over. thats if you get pulled over at all. zipping along at 80ish doesn't get you a second look from the 5-0.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:53 PM

Never, never use IFFY LUBE. It would be IFFY if they ever did it right. Had too many bad experiences with them, fortunately only with company vehicles.