Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Message (service tire system soon)

Old 06-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Default Message (service tire system soon)

Has anyone ever got this message display and what was the cause. I have gotten the message(1 tire low air pressure) in the past for low air in tire.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Default RE: Message (service tire system soon)

I have not rotated the tires recently and air pressure was fine. Message just popped up when cruising down the highway

Old 06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

take it to the dealer

Old 06-14-2007, 05:16 AM

Wow ,thanks for the help Master Tech

Old 06-14-2007, 08:52 AM

Well unfortunately you cant reset the TPMS system yourself without a special magnet ataround $40 so you can reset each tire individually. If you have not changed anything, i.e rotating the tires and you check the tire pressure and it was at 33 PSI your next step is unfortunately the dealer for service. Possibly a bad sensor.

Good luck
Bob

Old 06-14-2007, 03:43 PM

I would say bump up the pressure to 35,BUT you would get a "# oftires low" after the "service tire system soon" message. Maybe a battery is dying and the sensor needs to be checked. Bumping up tire pressure = free. Going to dealer = $. Go with option 1 then option 2.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:29 AM

I am getting the same error after having new tires installed last night. Tire pressure has been raised and lowered. When raised (all tires equal pressure) I got a "2 Tires High Pressure" message in addition to the "Service Tire System Soon" message. Went back to the tire dealer (not a Chrysler Dealer)and they can't find the issue at this point.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

they broke the sensors inside the wheel I see it all the time from aftermarket places installing tires.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM

That is what I am thinking since it only read 2 tires high pressure when all 4 were set to 45 psi. What is the operating range on these sensors (lowwarning/high warning)or is that adjustable as part of the learning process.

Thanks for the reply - BTW I had sent an email question direct to the AOL account in your signature a couple days ago (prior to registering for this site). Not sure if you got it.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

the thresh hold will be based of the car and what the system is set for it can be changed by a dealer with a DRB or Starscan.
Have the place u had the ire put on replace the sensors and U will haft to have the dealer program the new sensor number into the car. SO betetr yet have the dealer do it in the first place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Message (service tire system soon)