Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Navigation System / DVD-Player - German Discs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Default Navigation System / DVD-Player - German Discs?

Hello,

1.) I own a 2004 Chrysler Pacifca AWD equipped with a navigation system. The problem is that I live in Germany and that the navigation system does only know where to go in the United States (because of the US navigation-disc), but not in Germany. Does anybody know if I can get a german navigation disk for the navigation system? I know, I can buy one at my Chrsyler Dealer, but the problem then is, that the german disk is region code 2 (for Germany) and not 1 for the US. So it will not work in my navigation system. So, what can I do? Is it possible to make the navigation system region free??? I have heard that it should also not be possible to run a region free CD-R copy of the german disc. Do you know if this is right?

2.) My Pacifica is also loaded with the six-disc in-dash DVD-Changer. This DVD-Changer is also region code 1. To watch german DVD`s I need to make it also region free. Does anybody know how to make the changer region free??

Thanks for your postings.

Best regards

Markus

Old 05-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Default RE: Navigation System / DVD-Player - German Discs?

Dear Mr.Markus
Iown just the same car as far ua you and I face the same problems driving my pacifica in Russia. If you already
could resolve the problems advice me what to do.

Best regardes
Al-Hilly
ibrahim@ttcprogress.ru

Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
TEF

Acutally I think it should be possible to run a non-region or burned disk in the dvd reader. Give ita try.

Check this out: http://www.meaa-mea.com/news/pacifica.asp. This kind of backs up my theory.

Edit: I just noticed on the contact us tab on that website it pulls up an email address. Why don't yall email them and ask if there is a code you can enter in order to make the player be set up for your region?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:44 AM

Hi,

I tried to put a region free dvd into the player. It doesn't work, because of the video format. I can burn a German Navteq Navigation Disc region free, but it will ever be in PAL-Format! The navigation system needs a NTSC Disc. I have not found any program which makes it possible to change these format.

Has anybody an idea?

Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 PM

i will try to help you not sure