Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Need some help, 05 Pacifica on the fritz.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 05:21 PM

Gentlemen I know exactly what your problems are. The reason everything is dead is because your accessory relay is not being energized, thereby never getting you power to fuses 24, 25, and 26. Reason is because a bad ground, I believe G-103. If you backprobe the black/yellow wire coming out of the bottom of the IPM C-5 connector #14 and it is not grounded, that will verify your problem. If you can't find where your G-103 is bad splice into it and ground it. Should be problem solved.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:06 PM

Thanks to everyone here I saved myself a bunch of aggravation, time & cash. Driving my 05 Pacifica in rain around 10pm. Exited interstate into my neighborhood when suddenly lost all electrics,wipers, lights, horn, windows, ac/heat, radio etc. Dash lit up like Christmas, which it almost was. Flashers worked and I was 9/10 of a mile from my driveway.
When I got home I shut it down and restarted, no changes except now it was locked in Park. I did not believe 1 fuse would control all these functions but I checked manual anyway and found nothing that would control all these functions.Next morning I searched the forum and came across this Thread and 1 other that described my problem. I saw the comments about the ground wire as well as possibly a broken battery clamp. That morning I got into the car and noticed the interior lights came on. Started it up and all was normal again except CEL was on.
1st and simplest thing I checked were the battery connections, sure enough the clamp to Negative post was cracked. I was able to slide it off by hand. Got new clamp for $3.00 and all was well except CEL was still on. Took the car to a friend who is service manager at Chrysler Dealer. He said, absolutely the broken clamp could cause all this and Yes it would leave the CEL on--he gave me a bunch of technical reasons why--all of which went over my head. He ran codes and all he came up with was Fuel error code. He said that also made sense due to the Broken clamp. He cleared the CEL and all's been well since then. He said he was 90% sure the broken clamp was the problem. He said he could not be 100% sure without further diagnosing. His parting words to me were, we often overlook the simplest explanation and often the simplest explanation is the correct explanation.
If it were not for the people on this forum, I would have spent way more time, money and frustration trying to solve this problem.
Thanks to everyone & Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2015, 07:06 PM

The main grounds that are in play are on the engine compartment "left wall" below the battery. Check them carefully, I found one 6 wire bundle where the wires were completely corroded at the metal crimp connector - looked fine at a glance. I pulled the metal connector and spliced two new ends on. Also you can unbolt the grounds and clean the corrosion from surfaces.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:29 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Royalman
Gentlemen I know exactly what your problems are. The reason everything is dead is because your accessory relay is not being energized, thereby never getting you power to fuses 24, 25, and 26. Reason is because a bad ground, I believe G-103. If you backprobe the black/yellow wire coming out of the bottom of the IPM C-5 connector #14 and it is not grounded, that will verify your problem. If you can't find where your G-103 is bad splice into it and ground it. Should be problem solved.
Hi Royalman, thank you for your posting, following your directions I've got the issue fixed. Found out to be the bottom splice with corroded wires although it looked fine when visually inspected. Thanks again!