Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Oxygen sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Default Oxygen sensor

Just a few O2 sensor questions.
The 3.5l Pacificas only have 1 upstream sensor right? Advance Auto is trying to tell me there are 2 for some reason.
Is the upstream sensor easy to get at and change from over top of the engine?
What brand is recommended? Delphi, Denso, Bosch?

My voltages on my O2 sensor seem fine but I just got the car with 135k on it and it may be the original O2 so I am replacing it.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM

Hi a_kracker99,
I just bought a new car for my wife. I took over the 2004 AWD Pacifica. I did a tune up on it as it had 120K+ miles on it. I replaced both O2 sensors and THEN got a check engine light. I went to Adv Auto and had them reset after I'd disconnected the NEG cable for two hours. Two miles later, the check engine light came back on and the same thing when the parts store reset it with the scanner.
I know that I'm good to go, but the car is only recognizing that there is a change in the system. I have no repair manual and can't find one, so I don't know if there is a seperate procedure to reset after changing the sensors.
Go ahead and replace yours, but don't be discouraged if this happens to you as well. Hopefully there'll be a response here in the forum with some advice.
Good luck.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

dont replace the sensor unless there is an issue with them and shaka38 u have your issue because they gave u the wrong ones. U can rest it as many times as u want it will keep coming back.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
dont replace the sensor unless there is an issue with them and shaka38 u have your issue because they gave u the wrong ones. U can rest it as many times as u want it will keep coming back.
Thanks CHRY TECH, I'm on the way to AdvAuto now to have them replaced. Good info!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Thanks CHRY TECH, I'm on the way to AdvAuto now to have them double checked. The connections fit properly and the tails were the correct length, could they have been for a different model or something? Good info though, much appreciated!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

u more then likely got the cheap ones that are not compatible with the computer system

Old 07-17-2011, 09:10 AM

No, I bought Bosch...they rescanned and the downstream sensor shows the same code twice. They are replacing that one and I'll try it again. I tried to find a part number on MOPAR to no avail for a cross check or reference to be sure. All I found on emissions is the EGR valve.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

as i said cheap ones that are not compatible with your computer

Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM

Gotcha...your recommendation?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 AM

Holy thread hijack!!! Denso is OEM...

Quick Reply: Oxygen sensor