Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica '04 Coolant Overheating/Front Fans not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

not really because that control circuit is so low of volts it would hardly have the chance to do internal damage to the board.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
not really because that control circuit is so low of volts it would hardly have the chance to do internal damage to the board.
That makes sense. I had basically concluded that the parameters necessary for operating the fans weren't satisfied when the "on the road" mechanic tried the new relay. Is the Chrysler Diagnostic Scanner capable of pinpointing the fan controller as the defective part or is this a replace and test item? Thanks again. Mark

Old 05-16-2015, 03:07 PM

I had this very same problem. There is a test you can do to verify that the fan switch is bad. Remove the screws at the top of the front fascia so you can peel it back and see the fan switch attached to the bumper. The black wire is the ground. If the switch is not working, it will not send a ground signal. What you can do as a test is to probe that wire with it still plugged in and the key on the on position. Use a exacto blade to expose the wire. Run a wire from that to the battery ground. If it turns your fan on. Replace the switch. Otherwise, run power to the fan directly. That will eliminate the fans being the culprit.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:44 PM

Ok my turn, fans do not turn on even with AC on, checked fuses, all good, replaced relay rivited to bumper. Still no turning of fans. Connected fans directly to battery both spun just fine. Temperature gauge in dash works so the temp sending sensor should be working. What's next? Yes I am waiting for temp to get over 3/4 of gauge to make sure they should have come on by then. It did overheat the first time because I didn't notice gauge until overheat light came on.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

need wire diagram for you car test lite power probe of volt meter so we can trace down a control issue or something else .

Old 06-01-2015, 03:43 AM

All I have is a test light to see if there is power or not. It's a 2007 by the way

Old 06-01-2015, 08:56 PM

Ok, checked for power at fuse,good
checked for power at relay, nope
checked for power at fan, nope
ran jumper wire from battery to blue wire at relay both fans run.
PLEASE HELP

Old 06-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Ok, checked for power at fuse,good
checked for power at relay, nope
checked for power at fan, nope
ran jumper wire from battery to blue wire at relay both fans run

There must be something that sends the power to the relay when the coolant reaches a certain temp?

Old 06-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

at teh relay unplug it 4 wires
or/rd main power key on will have 12v there all the time
br/vt wire is control power will be 12 volts when the ac is on or engine temp to high see which one you are missing.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:14 AM

No power at orange,blue,or violet with AC on and temp gauge over 3/4

Quick Reply: Pacifica '04 Coolant Overheating/Front Fans not working