Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica 2 captain chairs w/ console swap to bench?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Default Pacifica 2 captain chairs w/ console swap to bench?

Hey everybody,

This is probably kind of an odd conversion that most people do not do. But with the addition of a 3rd child we are wanting to convert the 2nd row from captain's chairs to a bench seat.

I found a bench seat on eBay from the same model year Pacifica as my own for cheap (even matches interior!)

To:

Anyone forsee any problems on the install? Or for that matter, has anyone done this conversion before?

Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM

Been there, tried that. Aside from ripping out all the duct work in the center console, getting the seat to mount is challenging. The mount point in the front of the seat appear to be the same. It is the back that is the problem. On a 5 seater, there is a bar that runs across the back of the bench that mounts into the fender wells. If you can get this bar, you would have to cut up your side trim panels for the bar to go in each side and then see if there are threaded holes there for the mount. The seat mounts to this bar. I went and looked a at few at a dealer to see what it all looked like. At the time is was going to cost me $500 for the seat shipped and that was alot right there. I suppose you could get the correct trim panels if you could find them at a junk yard.

Here is my advice... as much as we lover our 04 loaded PAC, we ended ujp selling it and getting a loaded Town and Country one year newer. The plan for us was 2 kids. There is plenty of room if the rear to seats are down for gear with only 2 kids in the captains. After our 1st child, we had twins which messed up the seating arrangement. There was no room to store items, especially on big trips. It was really unsafe packing all sorts of things around the kids. We even used a top carrier but we still did not have enough room. The van has tons of room especially with the sto and go. We can fill all and I mean all our gear behind the rear seat and in the floor of the sto and go. I do miss the PAC but the versatility of the van really blows it away. It might no handle like the PAC but it has all the amenities of the PAC. Please see thees threads.

I discussed this here about 2 years ago..
http://pacificaworld.com/forum/owner...3050/#msg13050

Others that wanted to try it.

http://pacificaworld.com/forum/inter...w-seat-issues/

Good luck..
Fixit