Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica hesitation problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Default Pacifica hesitation problem

Having a problem with our 2005 Pacifica. At a stop light or sign within the first 3 or 4 minutes of driving the car when you try and accelerate from the stop the car hesitates like it is going to stall? The car is still running but it seems like it has stalled. The RPM's stay between 1000 and 2000 and the car just rolls like it has died and does not respone to the gas pedal, then it jumps back to life again like nothing happened?

I went to the local AutoZone and had them hook it up to there computer and I got three error codes, so here they are and here is what thier computer told me to do;

P0562
- Transaxle control system fault.

Explaination
- Received a siganl that the transaxle control module has a fault.

Probable Cause
- Shorted or open circuit within transaxle
- Failure of tranaxle control module

P0032
- (Oxygen sensor) Heater condition-check repair resource for sensor location identification.

Explaination
- The powertrain control that controls the electrical circuit forthe oxygen sensor heater. The computer has recognized a failure in this circuit.

Probable Cause
- Check circuit fuse
- Relay defective
- Check circuit wiring

P0700
- Charging system voltage condition-battery voltage low.

Explaination
- The electrical system voltage level is monitored for intended voltage level.

Probable Cause
-Loose or missing drive belt
-Alternator defective
-Battery defective
-Poor electrical connection

I did replace the battery because if you left the back hatch open too long it would kill the existing one, but I'm not sure on the other two codes, anyone out there know anything about a transaxle control system or how I can check this. On the other code I'm also going to search in the fuse panel box for the oxygen sensor. I'm not sure at all on the transaxle control system and this is probably the main problem. Any help or advice will be greatly apprecited.

Thanks, Rich

Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 AM

No one has any ideas on this???

Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM

What about this code? It sounds easy enough to fix, doesn't it?

P0032
- (Oxygen sensor) Heater condition-check repair resource for sensor location identification.

Explaination
- The powertrain control that controls the electrical circuit forthe oxygen sensor heater. The computer has recognized a failure in this circuit.

Probable Cause
- Check circuit fuse
- Relay defective
- Check circuit wiring

Let me know, thanks.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Default Hesitation

I found in my 05 Pacifica that the what would call the throttle body was gummed up and needed to be cleaned. I took off the air intake hose from the air cleaner to where it goes into the throttle body. Found the butterfly was gummed up and while it was running, sprayed 2+2 to clean it. After that it stalled and hesitated no more.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Are any other dummy lights on? Like the brakes or something? Sometimes low voltage sets other systems into faux failure. Check the voltage level first.

Not 100% sure, but I think you need a new oxygen sensor. If the code remains you have a bad ground, wire or computer. Not trying to be a downer, just the facts. I would try to determine the problem in that order.

It may also be stumbing because the transmissions input/output sensors may be all gummed up. I would get a FSM and see what it says the code means. When that happened on my LHS it needed a new transmission control module (it also was stuck in 2nd gear, you had no mention of that).

If you plan on fixing this yourself I would start with checking voltage, then replacing the respective 02 that is giving the code. See if helps the hesitation.