Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica no crank, no start and electrical crazyness

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Default Pacifica no crank, no start and electrical crazyness

This all started 3 weeks ago when my wife called me and said the car wouldnt start. Jumped it, got it home. Tried to start ot again and it had a rapid click. Took in the battery and alternator to autozone and both tested good. So I cleaned the battery terminals a little more(which were both pretty clean to begin with) and it started right up and ran good for 3 weeks. Now were back to the same story,(only worse) my wife calls me and the car wont start. I go jump it and it dies 3 times on the way back home(about every half mile). The lights dimming and randomly flickering the whole way home as it died. Got it home and it died in the driveway. I tried to start it and it clicked rapidly again. Rapid click coming from that relay box under the hood and the cd player and blinkers and pretty much everything randomly turns on and off...EVEN WITH THE KEY OUT OF IGNITION! the only way it stops is if I disconnect the battery... ive been letting my wife use my truck and ive been walking to work while scratching my head over whats wrong with her car. Please help me. I really want to figure this out without taking it to a mechanic. We just cant afford it. Please and thank you for anything

Old 12-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

replace the battery you have no amps to turn the starter ver. there little tester shows volts only

Last edited by CHRYSLER TECH; 05-28-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
replace the battery you have no amps to urn the starer ver. there little tester shows volts only
Ok I thought about that but was scared to buy a new battery. Would a bad battery cause the electrical components on the inside of the car to randomly flicker and dim with no key in the ignition?

Old 12-08-2016, 06:06 PM

replace the battery you have no amps to urn the starer ver. there little tester shows volts only
Ok i still have not bought a new battery since I cant until later in the month. But now when I try to start it, the blinker lights turn on solid and the cd player turns on and off. Red light on the dash also. Rapid clicking while jumpers are hooked up and lights come on and flicker. Rapid clicking in the fuse box under the hood. Still have to disconnect the battery cable. I pulled the relay that says door nodule or something like that and the click would stop. Ive moved relays around that were the same number but still clicking blinking crazyness. I will try a new battery when I can, but ill be walking to work in negative temps until then so if there is anything else you think I could try, I would appreciate it. Thank you for any further advice

Old 12-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

replace the battery

Old 12-11-2016, 09:29 PM

replace the battery
Ok, I replaced the battery and it started right up with no problems. A few mins later, the battery light turned on and has been worrying me. Alternator checked good at autozone.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

if batt light came on then no the alternator is not any good.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:11 AM

if batt light came on then no the alternator is not any good.
Also plugged it into the scanner at an autoparts store and a pcm code was one of 3 codes that came up. Do you think maybe the alternator made that code come up? I stressed to autozone that my alternator was not any good and they said it passed the tests.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

cat tell ya i dont know what the codes are

Old 12-14-2016, 07:55 PM

cat tell ya i dont know what the codes are
P0700, P0888, P0499 are the codes that came up. Thanks for any further help.

Quick Reply: Pacifica no crank, no start and electrical crazyness