Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica no spark issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Default Pacifica no spark issues

I have a 2004 pacifica, ok here I go, wife went to start cold morning and it cranked over without starting. So I figured a battery would be a quick fix. Wrong dead wrong. Replaced battery, no start. Replaced both crank and cam sensors no start. I do have voltage to the coils but no fire to sparkplugs nor can I pull a negative pulse from the coil plug. I have also replaced the Asd relay. All fuses are good. So, I think the only things I have left to do is check for grounds,check timing and buy a computer. The car is not throwing any codes. And I think it would still fire if it was out of time. Any suggestions or past experiences? Btw the car had absolutely no symptoms up until this

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

any codes got erased when u replaced battery aand it will not give any codes until the computer relearns the cars driving which it wont do that u pretty much made it 100% harder to find the issue

Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 AM

So, I checked again this morning and it threw a po685 code at me. Which translates indi a broken circuit to the PCM/ecm. Does this mean the CPU is bad? Or a bad ground?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Symptom:
P0685-ASD RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT
When Monitored and Set Condition:
P0685-ASD RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT
When Monitored: With ignition on. Battery voltage above 10 volts.
Set Condition: An open or shorted condition is detected in the ASD relay control circuit.
One trip Fault.
POSSIBLE CAUSES
ASD OPERATION
(A14) FUSED B+ CIRCUIT
ASD RELAY RESISTANCE
(K51) ASD RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(K51) ASD RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
PCM

get a wire diagram and start tracing down wires

Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Needed to replace water pump, while inside found out it had jumped time. I have a few slightly bent valves, no piston damage. Off to the machine shop!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM

I have a 2009 Pacifica and it had the same problem. It would crank over but not start. If I bypassed the asd relay with a paper clip it would start fine. In the end it turned out that the asd control wire was broken about 5 inches from the fuse box. This is the wire that goes from the fuse box to the PCM. While I had this problem it had all sorts of symptoms. At first it would crank but not start. Then it would start and shut off randomly while driving. Soon after it would start, run for a couple minutes and shut off again. Finally it went back to not starting at all again. The wire that had a break was actually corroded internally. Just thought I would post this to help out the next guy. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Default Need help

Hey e scott how do you bypass telay with papaer clip?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Relay!

Old 11-08-2015, 06:44 PM

Relay

Old 02-09-2017, 12:16 AM
Default No spark at coils and asd code comes up

2007 Chrysler Pacifica ASD code shows up went though and checked everything new crank sensor and cam sensor checked all the wires and relays timing everything i went through and check everything n it all come back 100% i spent hours on this vehicle and still have no spark help me out

Quick Reply: Pacifica no spark issues