Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica no start - PRNDL illumination

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Default Pacifica no start - PRNDL illumination

Well this is the second time the car has had this problem. i parked the car last night came home from work today went to jump in and bam no start.
here are the symptoms:
car won't start ( single click as if battery was dead it's not)
prndl is illuminated
power liftgate will not open
memory seats won't work
message center reads vehicle not in park

So this is the second time around. the first time the dealer put in a range sensor said it was fixed picked it up no start. went to pick it up again it started but prndl illuminated still said vehicle not in park. finally they traced it to the computer. so 400.00 loaner bill which they refused to pay for (yes i have a full service contract premium care) and 150.00 in deductables[:@]so just trying to avoid this again . last time it was labor day weekend. i have tried everything i can think of to no avail. anyone else with this problem ? any ideas ? i am sure it will be a computer AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Norm

Old 12-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Default RE: Pacifica no start - PRNDL illumination

If you have the information or knowledge available to you, try reconnecting the connectors at the computer and the sensor. They may have worked loose over time or not been properly secured in the first place from the earlier repair.

Will it shift to Neutral and start? If so, your gear selection sensor may be acting up or out of sync again.

Good luck.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:12 PM

i wigggle / check the connections on the tranny. ok . the range sensor unfortunately is in the case of the tranny. so no go there. no start in neutral either.but i did just get it started by rapping on the starter. old school tricks can still work on the new bombs. the prndl is still illuminated though and says it is not in park. so that is another issue. it is awful funny the same thing happened last time and i never even tried the starter rapping. so is something a miss in the wiring backfeeding the pcm.

Norm

Old 12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

what year pac?? and u dont have the full chrysler coverage that would be 100 deductable and 5 day rental coverage. If u have an aftermarket warranty cant help u there.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Sorry i forgot to post the year it is an 04. i have the 50.00 deductable and 5 day coverage.

Norm

Old 12-23-2007, 09:23 PM

oh yeah got it started as staed before turned it off afterwards and went to restar now no click from the starter,the relay actuates and the car is now back to no start. unfortunately none of the parts stores around had a starter of i would have got that and put it in and at least had a car for the day. this is our only car as my daytona is under construction still.

Norm

Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

u know what this is gonna kill U if i tell u whats the prob is =) go under the car up front the starter is up front of the motor with a good flash light take a look at the connector for the starter not the big 12 volt wire but the one that accuates the starter I bet its loose or has fallen off. U also might just haft to stick your hand up there and feel it. OH BTW the battery bad woulf be fast clicks.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:12 AM

yep wiggle that connector no change. when i did get it started yesterday the starter clicked once.wiggled connectors pushed on them no go.rapped it with hammer a few times and started. now the starter does not even click rapped with hammer nada wiggle connectors nada.

when it did start yesterday it dragged like a ****. the starter does not concern me as much as the prndl illuminating twice. but the dealer is open today and i am having it towed there this morning.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Well picked the car up this afternoon. come to find out when another dealer fixed the ground wire that i complained was hanging they did not secure it well in the connector and it was not making a good ground. this is from the first time i had a no start condition so the my detective work starts did they really replace the pcm or did they find that and call it a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is the ground on the transmission between the sub frame and the inner fender. 200.00 later car is back in my hands so i am off to see the other dealer in the next few days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norm

Old 03-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Dear i just would like to ask if you have fix your illumination I have 2005 with same problem no illumination on AC control and heated seat hazrd light and etc
please help