Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Radio reception issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Default Radio reception issues

Hi,

I've a 2004 Pacifica (AWD, loaded) and the car is quite wonderful except for one thing, the radio reception seems to be rather poor. My 1996 Corolla gets more stations and has clearer reception than the Pacifica. For example, the Pacifica doesn't even pick up 90.5FM in my town, while the Corolla easily gets it. On radio stations that both cars receive, the Pacifica will lose the station (static and hissing) within a shorter distance than the Corolla. On one of my favourite stations, the Corolla gets reception for around 25 miles, while the Pacifica loses the station in around 15 miles itself.

I understand the Pacifica has an integrated antenna, while the Corolla has an extendable antenna. Could this be the reason for the better radio reception in the older car? Also, this morning, I saw a Pacifica with a an external antenna mounted on the tail end of the roof, like in a VW Golf, would that improve performance? If yes, where can I get one?

Thanks and regards,
Jagan.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM
TEF
Default RE: Radio reception issues

I don't know if it would improve your reception (probably would), but it would be fairly easy to install. Just get the same kind of wire as you have going to the antenna in your right rear passenger window. Splice into that wire and run it under your headliner to the spot you want. Drill a hole and put the mount in. Then put everything back like you found it. You can probably make any antenna that comes with the base work. Just search around online and find one you like. They call that style "euro".

Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 PM

Mines not htat great either. Another antenna might help. The 07's have them on the roof now and not in the window.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:52 AM

TEF and Mr. FixIt,

Thank you both for your responses. I just checked out the new 2007 models and the new antenna does look rather nice.

I think I'll take the car down to the local Chrysler dealer and ask him if he can retrofit the antenna to my 2004 car. In anycase I'm going there to find out if I can get the ParkSense and UConnect retrofitted to my car.

Thanks again!

Jagan.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 AM

If I was you I would check (if possible) to make sure the window antenna is connected. There should be a wire from the stereo to the window antenna. Maybe it has become disconnected some how? My last car had this type of antenna and it has happened to some owners.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:07 PM

I ordered the 2007 antenna and it should be in any day. I'm going to try and add it to my 2006 Pacifica. Does anyone know if the 2007 pacifica antenna is also the SAT radio antenna in one?

Old 05-04-2007, 02:35 PM

They have the dealer add on's for the park sense and uconnect but not the factory installed versions. I had been trying to install the factory Uconnect since some of the wiring was there but not all. They wanted about $800 for the uconnect module and mirror and another $900 for the harness that goes from the apillar to the mirror. This was a body harness. All in all not worth it.The harness could me made for the mirror but I never checked into the connectors needed. The dealer installed unconnect is a switch button on th dash and a speaker under the dasj and the mic needs to be installed near or above the visor. Not the best set up but at $275 or so a lot cheaper. I know one guy on another forieum that uses this version and he says it works pretty good. My wife was not into all the gadgets that hang from and beneatht the dash so we are looking at other options now. Park sense was a modul mounted some where in the rear of the vehicle interior. Another kind of speaker thing with maybe some lights... shaped like a hockey puck if you will.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Do you know how I can get to the stereo to check the antenna wire. My '07 Pacifica lost radio reception from one day to the next. Which window has the antenna?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:18 PM

Did you have any luck with your radio reception?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM

Hello.... I am having the same trouble with my radio.
Did you get the problem figured out?
I would appreciate any assistance you could provide.
Thank You! Karen
Markaren@mindspring.com

Quick Reply: Radio reception issues