Rear end sagging -- huge negative camber - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Old 12-14-2016, 08:19 AM

Default Rear end sagging -- huge negative camber

I have two '04 Pacificas -- one is AWD, one is FWD. Anyways, the AWD one has a lower sitting rear end and the associated huge negative camber. I've checked rear link bushings -- all appear to be OK, except for the spring links (control arms). I had to replace the spring links and at the same time replaced the rear springs hoping it would help with the ride height/negative camber -- no change.

I wonder if Nivomat shocks are bad -- I noticed that if the car is driven the camber gets slightly better/ride height improves vs. if it was sitting a while...

Any ideas? How would I check the rear Nivomats -- I'd hate to replace them if there is NOTHING wrong with them -- they are very expensive.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user97 View Post
I have two '04 Pacificas -- one is AWD, one is FWD. Anyways, the AWD one has a lower sitting rear end and the associated huge negative camber. I've checked rear link bushings -- all appear to be OK, except for the spring links (control arms). I had to replace the spring links and at the same time replaced the rear springs hoping it would help with the ride height/negative camber -- no change.

I wonder if Nivomat shocks are bad -- I noticed that if the car is driven the camber gets slightly better/ride height improves vs. if it was sitting a while...

Any ideas? How would I check the rear Nivomats -- I'd hate to replace them if there is NOTHING wrong with them -- they are very expensive.
To answer my own question -- replacing both nivomat shocks with brand new Sach ZF units solved the issue. My cost - $550 for the pair (from eBay)