Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Recurring motor mount issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Angry Recurring motor mount issue

Had my Pacifica's motor mounts replaced in October, and again on March 1st. My mechanic discovered that the transmission does not have a mount to support its weight (4.0L AWD), so it is causing my front and rear mounts to fail prematurely. I went to the local dealership and had them run my VIN, and apparently mine was not made with a transmission mount, but one is available for $58, not including installation. Has anybody experienced this? Seems like a huge quality issue on Chrysler's behalf. I've seen other AWD Pacifica's with what they call a "dog bone" mount, but mine doesn't have it. Doesn't even seem like there is a place to install it. Anyways, please let me know any experiences that you have had, and what the fix is!!

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2016, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 07PacificaLimited
Had my Pacifica's motor mounts replaced in October, and again on March 1st. My mechanic discovered that the transmission does not have a mount to support its weight (4.0L AWD), so it is causing my front and rear mounts to fail prematurely. I went to the local dealership and had them run my VIN, and apparently mine was not made with a transmission mount, but one is available for $58, not including installation. Has anybody experienced this? Seems like a huge quality issue on Chrysler's behalf. I've seen other AWD Pacifica's with what they call a "dog bone" mount, but mine doesn't have it. Doesn't even seem like there is a place to install it. Anyways, please let me know any experiences that you have had, and what the fix is!!

Thanks!
You should have a mount that looks like this photo on the right fender well beneath the air cleaner area. I have seen plenty of these on various vehicles, including older Pac's fail. If all you are changing are the larger hydraulic mounts on the front and rear of the cradle (actually the left and right mounts) and this one is failed I guess it could lead to premature failure of the others, as from what I read this one caries the torque loads. Look at the rubber "webbing" carefully around the center shaft. Many times you will see where the rubber has torn and is allowing excessive movement.

Here is a link to parts supplier. You could buy it from Rock Auto too.

Attached Thumbnails Recurring motor mount issue-mount.jpg  

Last edited by busboy4; 03-06-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:12 PM

I had that mount checked and its still fine.The issue is on the transmission side.. There is literally nothing supporting it. I'm going to have to have one installed, as it is the only way to prevent any more damage to my new mounts. Either way, I love the car and will keep it until the subframe rots out (hasn't started yet!)!

Old 02-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Default Experiencing same issues

Thankful for your post. U just brought clarification to my problem. I am going thru something similar, I own 05" Chrysler Pacifica, I've had it for 6 months, I've replaced two frame mounts, two motor mounts, and a "bone mount". Jus to have a mechanic tell me now , I need a ,"transmission mount". I'm over here pulling my hair out and ready to send this thing back. I'm going to replace this last mount and if it goes again , bye bye Pacifica. I've been researching and this is a very common problem. Your the first I've heard to mention the bone mount tho

Old 02-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Default Experiencing same issues

Thankful for your post. U just brought clarification to my problem. I am going thru something similar, I own 05" Chrysler Pacifica, I've had it for 6 months, I've replaced two frame mounts, two motor mounts, and a "bone mount". Jus to have a mechanic tell me now , I need a ,"transmission mount". I'm over here pulling my hair out and ready to send this thing back. I'm going to replace this last mount and if it goes again , bye bye Pacifica. I've been researching and this is a very common problem. Your the first I've heard to mention the bone mount tho