Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Rusted out engine sub frame

Old 06-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Default Rusted out engine sub frame

Chrysler extended warranties for this problem. But not for me. Their reasoning is just because mine is a rebuilt title. It makes no difference to them that that the vehicle is tagged, insured, and is a daily driver. So it is as legal a Pacifica as any other one that is on the road. Seeing it is legal for use, and something bad happens because of the frame, is Chrysler responsible because they pick and choose what they want to fix ????????

Is there anything legal I can do ? Why won't they repair something that is dangerous to others, or can even cause death's.

Is there ant agencies looking into this ? Thanks to anyone that can help

Old 06-21-2014, 04:56 AM

How did chrysler even know that your pacifica has a rebuilt title ? I received the recall notice about two years ago, I took my pacifica in and my sub frame was fine, they told me that only pacificas made in febuary and march of 2004 were being recalled and to be sure to recheck either before the 10 year mark or 150,000 miles because after that they wouldn't replace it so this last January I took it back to the dealer and they said it was fine I also had my local mechanic check it out just to be sure. So going by what the dealer told me no pacificas would be eligible for the repair because all of the recalled ones would be 10 years old as of April 1

Old 06-22-2014, 08:15 AM

They go by VIN from when it was changed to a rebuilt Title. Yes this was from before their expiration date .

Old 09-27-2014, 02:50 PM
Default Just found a rust problem on 2004 Pacifica.

I suppose that I'm also out of luck on this rust issue. I bought mine used in 2005 with approx 8,000 miles on it. I suppose that I did not get a recall notice either because the manuf months were wrong or because I was the second owner and did not receive one. I'm not sure what I'll do. Selling it would seem dishonest.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Default On my third cradle

Originally Posted by 1RUSTYpacifica
I suppose that I'm also out of luck on this rust issue. I bought mine used in 2005 with approx 8,000 miles on it. I suppose that I did not get a recall notice either because the manuf months were wrong or because I was the second owner and did not receive one. I'm not sure what I'll do. Selling it would seem dishonest.

I just installed another used cradle. I found another one in southern KY for $ 200.00. going straight again, and not pulling, or shaking. New one's are going for 1500/2000. Some used one's on EBay @ times for 700/800. Really not bad of a install. If you find a used one, give it a good snake. Listen for lose rust. They seem to rust from the inside out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck

Old 10-18-2014, 07:40 PM

I have the same problem on the 06 that I just bought in June. I just found out about it this evening when I crawled under it to change the oil. Is this something that a warranty program would cover?

Old 10-19-2014, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by zing77
I have the same problem on the 06 that I just bought in June. I just found out about it this evening when I crawled under it to change the oil. Is this something that a warranty program would cover?

Chrysler seems to pick and choose the ones to repair. At one time they extended the warranty. I am not sure if that has expired or not . Report it to your local news stations consumer watchdog. That seams to get Chryslers attention. Good luck

Old 11-26-2014, 08:08 AM

I was under our 2005 yesterday changing the oil, this is the first time that I saw that there was some pretty good through-rust where the cross member joins the frame, some holes, passenger side only. I knocked all the rust out so that water would drain better, then sprayed some undercoating into the area. From the look of it, water must have been sitting inside the cross member, causing the rust out. I would think that it would be possible to have the cross member welded to repair it, instead of replacing the whole thing, since at least the through-rust is only on one side an only on the bottom of the cross member.

I checked the Chrysler website, and of course my car isn't one of the vehicles that was recalled based on the VIN. My 2005 has 78,600 miles and it's always been garaged, owned it since December 2005. I'm hoping to get at least another 3-4 years out of it.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:58 AM

My wifes car has it really bad and I parked it until we figure out what we are going to do with it. I was going back and forth with the people at Dorman industries in July and they said they were going to go ahead with the aftermarket engine cradle but would be like 12-18 months out. Would probably help if I could get some more "requests" for it so if you go to the website dormanproducts.com, at the top there is a light bulb and it says "NEW product idea" go there and submit the engine cradle. That might put some fire under there *** to get it going. I like dorman because typically if something has a problem, they fix that issue during production so it doesn't happen again. We also like the pacifica but sadly, im not spending now $1800 (went up from $900 a year ago which is BS) on this and to get used it too risky.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by fasteddie47
I just installed another used cradle. I found another one in southern KY for $ 200.00. going straight again, and not pulling, or shaking. New one's are going for 1500/2000. Some used one's on EBay @ times for 700/800. Really not bad of a install. If you find a used one, give it a good snake. Listen for lose rust. They seem to rust from the inside out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck
I realize this is an old thread, but wondered if you also replaced any of the isolators, jounces bolts and/or washers or did you find yours to be in OK condition? I certainly plan to change the engine mounts and engine torque link.

Thanks