Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Default seats

Hey everyone and anyone that can help me with this thought. I'm looking to purchase a 06 to 09 pacifica with 3rd row. Problem is I need the second row to be a bench, but everything I see with 3rd row only has captains seats. So I'm wondering if it would be possible that I could buy something with 3rd row then get the bench seat out of a non 3rd row and put that into the one that I has 3rd row? I know the ones with 3rd row has the vent in the middle for the rear but if possible I wouldn't mind eliminating that, which would have to be done to get the bench in there. Any thoughts on if this can be done would be great. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:33 AM

The question you need to ask is whether and how easily you can access the third row over or through a bench seat.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:52 PM

I don't know if you've found a solution but I've been looking at going the other way. Not really for adding the 3rd seat but to change to buckets/console in the center row. In looking at mine and a couple Pacs at the salvage yard here is what I see. On the 6 passenger version the 3rd seat uses the mounting points for the hinge cover of the 5 passenger. The middle buckets use the same front mounting points at the front of the split bench. There's a bar that runs across the bottom of the bench. The hinged lid rests on this. Since yours has the 3rd row already you don't have to worry about amp placement as it's already in the back under the storage tray. The 5 seat has it under the hinge door behind the back seat along with the jack. The 3rd row uses this footwell. Access to the 3rd row would be the biggest problem as the split bench does not fold and tumble...it just folds flat. It would be possible though would be harder doing what you want as opposed to what I'd like to do. Hope this provides some insight