Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

service immobilization message

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Default service immobilization message

[:-]I have a 2005 Pacifica AWD Touring. Today, on more than one occasion, when I went to start it, I had full power, but no crank. The message center on the left side of the dash stated,"service immobilization. The first couple of times I removed the key and tried to start it and it eventually worked. Tonight, however, it would not start for anything. When I consulted the owner's manual, there is nothing discussing this message other than the fact that it is one of the messages that may appear. Does anybody know how to override this or what needs to be done? I have not had any issues with power or anything for that matter. The car is under warranty, but I don't want to have to tow it in and be without a car if at all possible.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:30 AM
moe
Default RE: service immobilization message

sounds like defective key read this! try the other key,SENTRY KEY IMMOBILIZER
The Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM) receives an encrypted Radio Frequency (RF) signal from the transponder key. The SKREEM then decrypts the signal and broadcasts the requested remote commands to the appropriate modules in the vehicle over the Programmable Communication Interface (PCI) data bus. A valid transponder key ID must be incorporated into the RF signal in order for the SKREEM to pass the message on to the appropriate modules.
Automatic transponder key synchronization is done by the SKREEM if a valid transponder key is inserted into the ignition cylinder, and the ignition is turned ON. This provides a maximum operation window for RKE functions.
Each Sentry Key Remote Entry System (SKREES) consists of a SKREEM and a transponder key. Each system has a secret key code unique to that system. The secret key is electronically coded in the SKREEM and in all programmed transponder keys. It is used for immobilization and RKE functions for data security. In addition, each transponder key will have a unique identification. moe

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 AM

Hey Moe, Thanks for responding. I called a couple of dealers this morning and they told me it was either the key or the sensor for the key in the car. I tried the other key and it didn't work either.I'm currently waiting for a tow to take it to the dealer. Is this a common problem and what makes it breakdown?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:31 AM
moe

its just electronics,when you need them the most they let you down,just for the heck of it try disconnecting the battery,wait 2 mins and reinstall.might unlock the module.moe