Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Service Tire System Soon message doesn't go away

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Default Service Tire System Soon message doesn't go away

I have a 2008 Pacifica Limited. I bought it used in December 2013 with 76K miles on it. Soon after that the Check Engine light came on. At the time Chrysler replaced the WCM to fix the problem, under warranty.

Earlier this year, I started seeing a Service Tire System Soon warning--in the Winter (Texas). When I contacted the dealership, they said the cold was probably causing the problem. During the same time, a TPMS valve stems on one of the tires broke as I was filling air, so I had it replaced by Firestone. Some time later, another tire intermittently was not showing the pressure reading. And the Service Tire System Soon message used to come and go on its own.

About a month ago, all of a sudden my remote keys stopped working--even after replacing the batteries. I took it to the Chrysler dealership and they determined the WCM had failed (again). So they replaced it. When I asked them about the Service Tire System Soon message, they said one of the TPMS was probably failing, and since it was showing the recently replaced TPMS as the faulty one, I should get it checked by Firestone since it was under warranty.

When I took it to Firestone, they checked and said it was another TPMS that not showing a reading and it was getting the system screwed-up. So they replaced the bad TPMS. It worked for a few days, then I got the message again. I took it back to Firestone, they checked all TPMS were working and couldn't figure out what was causing the problem. They said the remaining two TPMS may have weak batteries since they were 7-years old and should probably be replaced.

So, I got the remaining two TPMS sensors replaced. Again, it worked for a few days, and now I get the message again.

Both the dealership and Firestone consistently said it was the TPMS sensors, but now they have all been replaced and I am still getting the message and they don't have a clue why.

The manual says the system automatically programs itself after driving for 15-20 mins after a TPMS is replaced, which it seems to have done and I am sure the TPMS is working because it shows the correct pressure for all four tires when I toggle through the displays.

So, why am I still getting this message?
Is there more to resetting the system than driving it as the manual suggests?
I am at a loss on what to do next.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by anamika; 05-20-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:05 PM

Had a similar problem on a 2004 Pacifica. That system did not indicate a pressure reading, just low pressure. The dealer replaced the WIN module which corrected the problem

Old 05-20-2015, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 8pete
Had a similar problem on a 2004 Pacifica. That system did not indicate a pressure reading, just low pressure. The dealer replaced the WIN module which corrected the problem
My dash does show the correct tire pressure for all 4 tires when I toggle the message off, but the Service message comes back after a few seconds.

What's the WIN module and how much did it cost to replace?

Thanks

Old 05-20-2015, 03:05 PM

Hi anamika,
Are the new sensors Mopar parts or aftermarket parts? If the new TPMS sensors are not Mopar parts, it is possible that the aftermarket sensors will read pressure with the tool but not localize when required for proper system operation. For more information on our Mopar sensors, you can visit Mopar Parts ? Buy Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat Parts & Accessories Online or speak to your servicing dealership.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:25 AM

I'm not sure what the WIN module is. The part cost $127 and labor was around $100. Not sure if the 2004 and 2008 have similar systems.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares
Hi anamika,
Are the new sensors Mopar parts or aftermarket parts? If the new TPMS sensors are not Mopar parts, it is possible that the aftermarket sensors will read pressure with the tool but not localize when required for proper system operation. For more information on our Mopar sensors, you can visit Mopar Parts ? Buy Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat Parts & Accessories Online or speak to your servicing dealership.
Erica, two of the sensors were installed by Firestone. I don't know what brand they were. The other two, I purchased were Dorman brand and they were compatible to the Mopar sensors with many positive reviews.

I am not sure what you mean by "aftermarket sensors will read pressure with the tool but not localize when required for proper system operation". The sensors are showing the correct pressure in the dashboard, so the system seems to be recognizing them. So why the error message?

Does something need to be reset, or the codes need to be cleared?

I know automakers want us to use their own brand, but aftermarket parts exist for a reason, and designed to be compatible. Plus they are a lot less expensive.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:52 AM

Why doesn't the diagnostics store some form of error code for these tpms issues? My 2006 touring just started with these issues. I get an intermittent low tire bing (all pressures are good) and the service message stays on but no error codes and no CEL. Original sensors with no prior service on them. So does a battery change with tires fix this or am I looking at sensor replaces with tires too? These 19 polished wheels are nice but between tires and now sensors they making this not economic...

Old 05-30-2015, 03:10 PM

Each wheel contains a sensor, which contains a battery, with the mileage that you have and the age of the vehicle they might need to be changed. I went to Costco they have a tool that they just walk around the car and tell you which one is bad and replace them. Only cost me about $50.00. Drove it about 10 miles and it was ok.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Royalman
Each wheel contains a sensor, which contains a battery, with the mileage that you have and the age of the vehicle they might need to be changed. I went to Costco they have a tool that they just walk around the car and tell you which one is bad and replace them. Only cost me about $50.00. Drove it about 10 miles and it was ok.
If you read the OP, you'll see that I have recently replaced all four TPMS, but I'm still getting the error msg. Trying to find out why.

Old 10-08-2019, 02:03 PM

Same story for my 2008 Sebring. Frustrating and costly.