Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Stumped a dealer today

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Exclamation Stumped a dealer today

2005 pac 3.5l
Customer had car towed in "claimed it stalled no restart." Went down my check list. check codes, none dead battery replaced it. Fuel at pump, at rail, at cylinder. Checked for spark at every coil yes, as the plugs are soaked. Took off intake had tech hit the key engine started and ran up to rev limiter. pump intake back on no run condition again. took video to dealer got the looks of how is that? took them the car did all the same tests i did came back with timing. Pulled covers off timing jumped one tooth. reset still no run but cranks and all three compontes are still there for a running engine. im at a lost with this pac.
Installed ground wire tried different computers got the "service immoblize" message. i've pulled many parts from a running car and no change in the car.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

You have found you problem."took off intake had tech hit the key engine started and ran up to rev limiter. pump intake back on no run condition again"
Car need 3 things spark fuel and air. you took of the intake which supply's what? air.
Look at the intake. And FYI if you showed the video to the guys up front aka service writers well yeah they wont have a clue to what t is because they sell service they do not have the knowledge t fix cars most of them.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
You have found you problem."took off intake had tech hit the key engine started and ran up to rev limiter. pump intake back on no run condition again"
Car need 3 things spark fuel and air. you took of the intake which supply's what? air.
Look at the intake. And FYI if you showed the video to the guys up front aka service writers well yeah they wont have a clue to what t is because they sell service they do not have the knowledge t fix cars most of them.
Update. When into the timing belt found it was off a tooth. Reset still no condition. Mechanically car is correct. Also chrysler tech i took a intake off of a running and swap it with this car. Swap car fired up no problem with Customers intake. Customers car is still a no start condition.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

never said the intake was the issue I said it was the lack of one of the items. which is air.
Ok so more back history then did u guys do the timing belt? did the car come to you no start or did it come in then ow has a no start issue?