Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Tapping into factory amp 06 pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Default Tapping into factory amp 06 pacifica

my wife wont let me spend more money on this project to i have to ask is there a way to tap into the factory amp, so that a aftermarket radio can be installed, without purchasing the interface. I know that the steering wheel controls wont be usuable, but just need this for awhile till i get some extra cash to get the interface. I have the scoche wiring harness, just need to tap into the factory amp turn on. Now this harness is just the gray connector to it, no dvd or nav. in this vehicle just the touring model, with the mp3/cd player in it. I have asked a bunch of car audio shops, no one has installed an aftermarket radio in this vehicle. Anyone that can help would be appreciated

Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Tapping into factory amp 06 pacifica

Well, I have a project in the works which is bit different but has to do with tapping into the stock amp. At this point I have to create a remote turn on lead because from what I see the amp turns on with accessory keyed so that's good news for you. You need the wiring diagram to make sure you tap correctly. Use this link to find wiring information:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...30&KW=PAcifica

You can find the actual wiring diagram on this site but you will have to join. It's a great site and free to join.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 PM

Crutchfield has great documentation and photos of the factory harness (radio and amp). They also have instructions for keeping your steering wheel controls with specific aftermarket brands.

http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/cgi-...p?p_faqid=4324

I tried adding amp/sub and not happy with the sound. I ordered the 8 channel amp, subwoofer, and sub housing from the stealer. Hoping for much better sound so I can crank up my 80's hair band music!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 AM

PacDaddy, did you order the Infinity 8 channel amp or aftermarket? In my opinion with all the money the stock amp costs you can get a kicking aftermarket amp and speakers for less. This is what I'm doing. I had everything from my last car so I just put into the Pac. I'm at the point of fine tuning it and it sounds amazing. If anyone needs some tips on doing this install I'll be happy to tell you what I know. BTW running new speaker wires through the door Molex is a b*tch and I did learn some things to make a bit easier.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 PM

I also pulled all my stereo equipment out of my old car. I had a Pioneer D2 (Double Din. 6.5" Navigation) with XM/NavTraffic pushing a Monsoon amp to factory speakers and a second Pioneer amp to a subwoofer in the trunk. Hacking the amp/sub into the Pacifca did not sound good at all. All of my old equipment is heading to an EBAY listing.

I am buying all the factory stuff. What is nice about the Infinity system is that you have the built in cross-over for the front mid-range/tweeters and the subwoofer will be perfectly matched with amplifier wattage, speaker, and air displacement. I want to limit hacking the system because I have Sirius and DVD Entertainment (changer and LCD). My kids will have a fit if those stop working. The best part: its all plug and play! I will let you know how things go.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:04 PM

The only problem with the infinity systems is the subwoofer is not loud enough.. at least for me.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 AM

Because I tapped off the factory amp I still have all the original functions. I have all Top Notch stuff from my old car: A/D/S 6.5 front component speakers, Kicker 6.5 Tri speakers in the rear, MA Audio 8" sub in a sealed box, Precision Power (PPI) 4 channel amp pushing 80 watts per channel for the front and rear and an Orion 240 watt amp pushing the sub. The way I did this install I can easily pull everything out and put back the original speakers if and when I need to. All the factory speaker wiring is still there just unplugged. Tapping off the factory amp keeps everything else working just fine but now I have an awesome stereo. BTW the factory stereo sounds very good through the new speakers. Of course, I don't have all the functions of my Alpine HU but it works and looks great!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:09 PM

Put in the factory 385 watt amp, subwoofer enclosure, and sub speaker. The system sounds AMAZING! I can turn down the bass on the radio to clean up the mid-range sound from the front speakers and still get great bass from the sub. I actually had to turn down the treble because my front tweeters were too loud from the new amp!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 AM

To each his own! Whatever makes you happy is the way to go.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:37 PM

Pacdaddy, where did you buy the factory amp, sub and enclosure from? How much was it if you don't mind me asking? And is it an easy install - I am not very experienced and have limited tools.

I am looking to do the exact same, just upgrade with OEM so I don't lose any of the steering wheel controls etc.

Quick Reply: Tapping into factory amp 06 pacifica