Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Tire Pressure Monitoring system

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Default Tire Pressure Monitoring system

I have an 2004 Pacifica. I am getting a message "Service Tire System Soon" message on the dash. I contacted the dealer and they told me a tire was low. I argued that when a tire is low it says "Tire Low Pressure", not service the system! I checked the pressure on all 4 and they ranged from 35-37psi. I adjusted all to 36 psi per the dealer and the message stays there. Do the sensors need to be retrained?

How can I troubleshoot the problem before taking it to the dealer so I know their fixing the real problem? They already seem to be guessing at a solution. I don't want them guessing when they have my car "on the clock".

Do the sensors have replacable batteries? FYI the tires haven't been changed in a couple of years. I need new ones now but want to fix this problem first so the dealer doesn't blame a faulty sensor on a new tire installer.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:17 AM
Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitoring system

I just found another post with a similiar problem so sorry for the duplicate post! I will price the magnet and try to retrain before letting the dealer have it!

Old 01-24-2008, 06:24 AM

Just bought the magnet to retrain on eBay for $10, its worth a try!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

u will need to take it to the dealer for the diog of that system a retrain of the sensors will not do anything the computer will haft to be scanned for that system.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:50 AM

Yesterday the "Service tire system soon" message went away! Is it possible that when multiple tires are low due to cold weather this message comes up? Or will the message go away for a while and come back?

Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 AM

When these tmps issues arise will the scanners the auto parts stores (autozone, etc) use find the code?

Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

no the only codes autozone can get its OBD2 which is engine only.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:54 PM

I have the same year Pacifica and a month ago I was getting the same message. I pulled off the freeway and found a nail in my tire. Went to a shop to fix the tire, but found the nail was not in the tire, just the tread. The light went out (maybe as a result of the tire being taken off), but after a short time, it came back on. I took my cartomy dealer the next day, and the light wouldn't come on. Brought the car back home. Light came on the next day, stayed on all weekend. Took it back and a sensor was bad in one tire and had to be replaced.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Ok now this is getting irritating. Now this message comes on and then goes off randomly. Sometimes it stays off all day. I guess a sensor is slowly dying. Will the tech be able to tell which sensor is bad if the light is off? Should I just live with it until it finally dies? Knowing my luck I'll make an appointment and the light will be off that day!

The dealer wants $86 diagnostic fee, $35-45 for the sensor and $15 to take the tire on/off. Is $146 reasonable? Sounds kinda high to me, surely it couldn't take that long to figure out which sensor it is. But I guess I don't have much of a choice.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

pay it

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitoring system