Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Traction Control and ABS lights are on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Default Traction Control and ABS lights are on.

My question is how do I reset the Traction Control and ABS lights on 2006 Pacifica Touring Edition. I know that it could be a bad sensor on one of the wheels or something like that. I don't think they are bad because of another electrical problem I've been having. My electrical system and cluster was flickering and blinking due to a bad wire feeding the fuse panel. During one of the times that the cluster was just turning on and off repeatedly the onboard computer must have stopped the traction control and ABS due to a perceived problem. I don't want to take it to the dealer to reset the lights since I don't believe that I actually have a problem. Now that I have fixed the flickering lights problem, I want to reset these lights. I own a CanOBDII Reader and have already reset the computer with it. That did not reset the lights so I was hoping that I can do it from the drivers seat with a combination of ignition key on and offs and brake pedel presses or something like that.

If you know how to reset the lights, would you please post it here. If they come back on then I will believe I have a real problem. This is my wife's car and I would like to know that the system is working to protect her in the rain.

Please Please, dont' bother to explain to me what caused the lights to come on. If you had seen the electrical problems I was having for yourself, you would be amazed that you could even drive it at all, especially at night.

Thank You,
Ranzy

Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Traction Control and ABS lights are on.

i had a check engine light for computer miscommunication which basicly killed the cluster and all the dash lights and the antitheft system made the check engine light to come on.i went to auto zone and they were able to reset the check engine light.you mentioned you already have the scanner to turn the check engine light off and i would be suprised if the dealer uses anything different that what you have to turn it off.this might not be helpful to you RANZYbut at least if there is anyone with check engine light on you can go to autozone and heve them read the code and reset it for free of charge.jusy for FYI!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM

You could disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and when you reconnect it the computer will start up and check everything. This should work but you will have to reprogram all your presets.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
moe

abs light will come right back on if there is truly a problem.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:13 PM

could you fix this problem?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Angry 2006 Pacfica Touring abs, track, and brake light problem

I've got the exact same problem with my 2006 Pacifica. I've worked on the fuse box, added a positive cable to the fuse box and a negative cable. This week I changed out all 4 wheel speed sensors. Lights are still on...can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Default Traction control, abs, and brake lights on

I've got the exact same problem with my 2006 Pacifica. I've worked on the fuse box, added a positive cable to the fuse box and a negative cable. This week I changed out all 4 wheel speed sensors. Lights are still on...can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?

Old 07-12-2015, 11:15 AM

First I think you need a scan tool that detects and checks and corrects the ABS. Best and cheapest one I found was at Harbor Freight. I can check your system, tell you exactly where your problem is, then clear the code. Hope that helps.