Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Urgent 2004 pacifica starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Red face Urgent 2004 pacifica starting issues

I have a 2004 awd pacifica, we recently replaced the crankshaft sensor, but the codes for both 02 sensors are showing up, we have the parts....the temperature at our house dipped below zero weds, and has not warmed back above freezing since then (today is Friday)......my husband tried to start my car yesterday and it would not do anything......today after purchasing a new battery it acts like it wants to start.....not the click click click of a bad starter, but actually the sound it makes just before starting.... I also want to note that he left it sitting on empty, so after we went and bought a new battery, he went and got some gas for it........Any ideas of what is going on with it would be very appreciated....money is tight, my sister is in a high risk pregnancy and I need to get her back and forth to her doctor which is about 200 miles round trip....not asking for pitty...just want someone to point me in the directions I should go to get car fixed quickly, and cheaply...Thanks and God Bless

Old 01-09-2015, 08:51 PM

Had a similar issue(sound like its going to start) after replacing the battery. I had to boost the new 'battery' but has worked fine ever since then. Give it a try

Old 01-10-2015, 08:56 PM

It's possible that the gas line is frozen. Sitting for a long time with a near empty tank could have caused condensation to form in the tank. Water will always sink to the bottom of the fuel and then the freezing weather recently may have caused it to freeze. There's no real cure for it other than getting the car warmed up. There are gas line anti-freezes you can buy but they won't thaw out a block of ice in there. They are for preventing the problem, not curing it.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:32 PM

Does the engine turn over? I've had starting issues and it was the starter ground that is attached to the transmission. Even though I've tightened it, every few days it will come loose. I plan to get a new bolt to keep it on. For now I have to take a wrench with a long extension and tighten it.