Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Warning to Chrysler Pacifica owners/potential buyers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Wink

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica Base. It actually has 115k miles. I bought it with 20k miles. It still runs like god. I only have spent money changing 3 batteries and changing front headlights and rear stop lights which I don't know why the burn so quick.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM

we have 04 AWD, bought new. got the extended warranty which was a blessing for couple of high $$ fixes. In first 5yr we replaced AWD transfer case due to "clunking" when shifting. Had upper A arm front suspension pieces/bushings replaced. Those two fixes would have been $3-4K out of pocket. We now have 75K miles and trans clunks now and then shifting depending on how you feather the gas pedal when accelerating up to speed. Other than that, for last 3-4yr no problems at all. Replaced brake pads and rotors at 70K miles which I thought was extremely good life. Still rides good, no issues with power tail gate, all electronics, dvd player, 6-disc cd changer, ac etc still like new. Had issue with gas pedal sticking a little and fixed that with carb cleaner on the intake butterfly (thru info provided on this forum, thanks). Actually been a pretty good car for us. Daughter taking it to college next fall, so time to find something else. Looking at Infiniti JX

Old 06-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Default Car Dies/Stalls While Drving

I have a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring and my car has been stalling while driving. It has happened on 5 separate occasions. There is no warning and it is not the same scenario each time that it occurs (sometimes stopping, sometimes accelerating). This past weekend I almost caused me to rear end cars at a traffic light while I was approaching an intersection. The engine seems to just go dead, the steering wheel locks and the brakes do now work. Eventually the car coast to a stop.

It is my understanding that this same issue was recalled for the 2005-2006 Chryslers. There is not a recall yet for this in the 2008s. This is a very serious situation and I do not want anyone to get hurt. I have seen on several other websites where others with 2008 edition have had the same problem. I called Chrysler today and created a case for me. What else can I do to get this recalled for the 2008s?

I am supposed to take my car back to the dealership tomorrow to get this fixed. They said that the issue is due to an ETR Exhaust Gasket, but everything I have read on this issue has mentioned that it is due to oil sludge or says that the fuel pump needs to be replaced and the PCM reprogrammed. Does anyone have any suggestions to offer?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by lookinforhelp
I have a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring and my car has been stalling while driving. It has happened on 5 separate occasions. There is no warning and it is not the same scenario each time that it occurs (sometimes stopping, sometimes accelerating). This past weekend I almost caused me to rear end cars at a traffic light while I was approaching an intersection. The engine seems to just go dead, the steering wheel locks and the brakes do now work. Eventually the car coast to a stop.

It is my understanding that this same issue was recalled for the 2005-2006 Chryslers. There is not a recall yet for this in the 2008s. This is a very serious situation and I do not want anyone to get hurt. I have seen on several other websites where others with 2008 edition have had the same problem. I called Chrysler today and created a case for me. What else can I do to get this recalled for the 2008s?

I am supposed to take my car back to the dealership tomorrow to get this fixed. They said that the issue is due to an ETR Exhaust Gasket, but everything I have read on this issue has mentioned that it is due to oil sludge or says that the fuel pump needs to be replaced and the PCM reprogrammed. Does anyone have any suggestions to offer?
If you still have your Pac, you might want to check the positive cable going from the battery terminal to the bottom of the IPM right next to the battery. That cable has a weak connection on the IPM end and it has in many cases caused stalling, chimes in the cabin, ABS light blinking and you name it.. There is a thread on this forum (I'll try to search it and link here) describing the issue which is VERY easy and cheap to fix yourself. Somebody reported spending $14 for the fix which included the necessary parts and a can of electric contact cleaner spray or something like that. -The guy had taken his Pac to the dealer several times for the issues and every time it came back with comments: "Battery ground terminals cleaned and tightened" or "The problem did not exist". All you need is a foot or two of thick cable, clamps to the ends and a socket wrench. It's all about running another power cable from the battery + terminal to a stud in the bottom of the IPM (fusebox).

Oh, and one more symptom people have reported: The backlights in dash flash between fully lit and slightly dim when you have the issue. If you have that along with the other problems I would suggest you give the fix a try. It's definitely not costing you a fortune and the instructions in the thread are just excellent. Pics don't works in the first posts, but there was another guy who reposted the pics and they are good as well.

edit:
Here's the link to that thread: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...pacifica-5302/
That would (to me at least) explain a lot of your issues, like rapidly burning bulbs allover the car etc..

Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 PM

Hello everyone, My wife's 2004 Pacifica stalled on her three different times while she tried moving while in reverse. She the car does not jerk just before stalling. The car will start up again and she is able to move in reverse for now. I was just wondering if anybody else came across this problem and can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.