Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

stuck in park DTC P0700

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Default stuck in park DTC P0700

I have a 05 pacifica I have been away for about 3 weeks the car is stuck in Park. The interlock system is working properly and have tried the manual override tab to get out of park. I have trouble shot this far. I got out my code reader and get code P0700 transmission control system malfunction. I have read a few other places and think it may be the solonoid pack? any ideas?

Jeff

Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Are you parked on an incline? Does the shifter move out of Park when you hit the overide?

Old 08-11-2009, 08:03 AM

parked on incline but have jacked up the front end with tires off thr ground Will not come out of park with override depressed. Also will not move if pushing on shifter lever on trans either.
Jeff

Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM

If it will not come out of park when you press the pink tab then I would say it it is in the shifter itself. Do you hear the click when you step on the brake? The ignition key also interlocks the lever but does not sound like the problem. One other thing you could try is to pull the cable end off the shaft in the engine compartment and see if the shaft moves by hand. The cable is a press fit on the shaft and can be pulled up.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Could be a Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) problem.
Start with this;

SHIFTER LOCKED IN PLACE
(1) Remove the instrument panel cover below the
steering column, then remove the steering column
shrouds to gain access to the brake transmission
shift interlock (BTSI) solenoid. The solenoid is part of
the interlock cable assembly.
(2) Disconnect the wire connector from the rear of
the BTSI solenoid.
(3) Insert the ignition key and turn it to the ON
position.
(4) With the brakes applied, try moving the shifter
out of the PARK position.
² If the lever now moves freely in and out of
PARK, perform the Circuit Test below.
² If the shift lever still does not move from the
PARK position, remove the BTSI cable from the shift
lever assembly.
If the shift lever now moves freely in and out of
the park position, the BTSI solenoid is faulty and the
interlock cable must be replaced. If the shift lever
still does not move from the park position, the problem
is in the shift lever assembly or the ignition
interlock cassette.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM

This happened to my wife today too. I went to "rescue" her from my daughters swim class where they were stuck. I tried the little pink bypass button, with no sucess. Rocked the car what I could, but it didn't help. It sounds like the solenoid is working, it clicks when i press on the brake. I'm guessing I'll to disconnect the cable from the tranny and shift it into gear to get it home. Hopefully that will work.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 AM

I tried pressing the pink lever no dice. I hear a clicking noise ands see the lock out move on the shifter. I ended up taking the cable off the trans and manually put it in drive and took it to a shop. should know something today

Jeff

Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM

I had the same prob few weeks ago when i got off work. called my homie which is a mach he told me what to do.... and it worked. Pull as hard as u can (i mean real hard) on shifter out of park. I was scared to do this at first but it was 109 degrees outside and i wanted to get home. Something snapped in the gear box below the shifter and it came out of park. I then put it back in park and notice it can now move out of park when foot is off brake. O'well I drive home shut the car off and restarted it and it works fine again... go figure...? no issues so far.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rdiddy
I had the same prob few weeks ago when i got off work. called my homie which is a mach he told me what to do.... and it worked. Pull as hard as u can (i mean real hard) on shifter out of park. I was scared to do this at first but it was 109 degrees outside and i wanted to get home. Something snapped in the gear box below the shifter and it came out of park. I then put it back in park and notice it can now move out of park when foot is off brake. O'well I drive home shut the car off and restarted it and it works fine again... go figure...? no issues so far.
What you did was basicall break the safety switch. it is not a problrem but as you noted you no longer have the safety interlock that requires you to press on the brake pedal to remove from park.

I am having the shifter interlock system replaced at a cost of about 240.00 I have 2 children and felt that it was worth the money for the feature. My mechanic told my I could break the interlock as described above too.
Jeff

Old 08-14-2009, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by 06Pacifica06
This happened to my wife today too. I went to "rescue" her from my daughters swim class where they were stuck. I tried the little pink bypass button, with no sucess. Rocked the car what I could, but it didn't help. It sounds like the solenoid is working, it clicks when i press on the brake. I'm guessing I'll to disconnect the cable from the tranny and shift it into gear to get it home. Hopefully that will work.
Mine did the same thing I could hear and see the lever moving but the pink lever did not work. I should be getting my car back this AM and will update the forum on the cause and part relaced.

Quick Reply: stuck in park DTC P0700