Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Where can i get dvd remote control??

Old 06-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Default Where can i get dvd remote control??

Wife just purchased paficica and it has 2 headsets but no controller. I searched some because wanted to know why the headsets were not working when powered on and seems like you need to have the remote to activate the headset. I haven't checked the dealer yet but i'm sure they are going to be expensive, thanks.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:42 PM

Yes, you need the remote to turn on the signal for the headphones. They are on eBay and you need one that has the headphone button on the remote.

They range from $20 to $60 depending who you get from.

http://tinyurl.com/m85lp9

Some have their own headphone button and some have the headphone button as part of the power button in the upper left corner. As long as the remote has the shape as the one shown here on ebay, it should work. I have used ones like this that say VES on the bottom and some that don't. They all seem to work as long as they have that shape.

Actually, I just bought extra headphones from these people I listed here ("headphone city) and they were very pleasant to deal with. I bought the headphones, remote and bags to put the headphones and remote in. If you have any questions, just tell them what year vehicle and model player and they should be able to help you.

Good luck

Fixit

Last edited by mrfixit454; 06-20-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:34 PM

Awesome thanks for the reply. Actually I need some headphones also cause the ones i have are all broken. So the ones on the link you sent me is the one i need to get, if so i'm going to purchase that one....thanks

Old 06-21-2009, 01:12 AM

Well you have to be careful on the headphones as they make 2 types. Do you know if the headphones ever worked with your system? Do you have any frineda w/ a Pacifica or Van with the remote so you can test you headphones? You may have to buy the remote 1st and and hit the headphone button to see if what you have works with your system. I have said this before, Chrysler made 2 systems, RF (radio frequency) and IR (Infrared). It confuses the heck out of owners. You can see many issues here on this forum. What year is your PAC?

If your DVD screen has a red plastic facia that faces towards the back seats, you have the IR system and your headphones will have power button and volume only and one battery in each ear piece. The RF headphones have a scan button as well and take more batteries.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 PM

Hi,
New to the forum and just purchased an 05 Pacifica Touring. Apparently it had the in-dash CD player/CD changer controls as well as the in-dash DVD changer from factory ... but it had no monitor. The previous owner had an aftermarket LCD installed (looks very similar to: Zicom ZFD154WS http://www.iatft.com/Pages/detail_zfD154w.htm). It seems to work OK, but the only way to control DVD tracks is via steering wheel controls. After reading what I could find on here ... it appears that there are multiple parts to this system: DVD Changer, IR or RF Sensor, overhead display unit, remote and headphones. I'm not sure if the sensor is built into the DVD changer, the dash, or the display; hopefully not the display as that is not OEM. So what do I need to look for to identify what I have? I would like to purchase a remote and some headphones so the kids can watch princesses, mermaids, etc and I can listen to radio/CD/voices in my head, etc. Thanks in advance for the help!
Mark

Old 06-28-2009, 11:31 PM

The IR/RF is built into the DVD changers. Since you have an aftermarket display, it will be tricky. If it is an IR system, the ir sensors need to be up at the screen and the wiring has to have one wire from the changer to the screen. since it is an aftermarket screen, we won;t know for sure. If it is RF system, then I don't think it will be a problem. THe only well to tell is to remove the DVD changer and look at the pin out diagram on the top of the unit. If it says "IR transmit enable" for pin 4, Then it is an IR system. Also, you need to see if there is a wire in plug at pin 4 location, it's not going to work with headphones. I think it needs other headphone wires that can be found in my second attachment. You also need a remote to turn on the headphones. An headphone ICON will show up in the radio display when the headphones are active.

If the system is RF, I don't think it says anything in pin 3 location an Chrysler RF (or maybe aftermarket RF) headphones should work. Mitsubishi Electronics makes the DVD changers.

Here is a pic of the system in my Town and Country.. its similar looking to the Pacifica.
You will have to view this full screen. Sorry, I don't have a better picture
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Here is the pin out for the 2005 Pacifica
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Hope this helps. BTW.. I have never seen an RF system. Seems most 2004 and newer were the IR system.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:33 PM

mrfixit454,
thanks for the reply ... I also emailed Pac2006 as I've read messages where you two hashed out a lot of stuff but havent seen recent posts from him.

Anyhow, I pulled the DVD changer and as I expected there is not a 12pin factory connector but a spliced cable for the aftermarket screen. The DVD changer looks exactly like yours but model 4031AA instead of your 4033AA. It does have the IR transmit enable for pin 3 but nothing connected to it. I may have to pull the screen to see if there is an IR connection ... the website states LCD w/IR and domelight on the one that looks like mine (couldnt find a model # visible). If that doesnt work, I am wondering if adding the Power Acoustik RF headphone transmitter that Pac2006 would work. Ideally I'd like to play the radio while kids listen to DVD, but silence would be OK too. Any more ideas are appreciated ... thx, and glad to be part of the family.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 AM

I think you may need more the just the IT transmit wire. I think the but I am not sure...... as there is headphone out left and right too w/ ground?. keep in mind the model I showed you is from my van , not my pacifica so the model #'s will be different. You are going to need the pin diagram for the screen. Not sure if it will all work w/ the after market screen. Not sure if the IR in the headphones is the same as aftermarket IR, it may be but I have no experience with after market equip. Pac2006 did do a cool setup and I an sure you could go that route. I think he went from IR to RF correct?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM

I think you may need more the just the IT transmit wire. Well you have to be careful on the headphones as they make 2 types. Do you know if the headphones ever worked with your system? Do you have any frineda w/ a Pacifica or Van with the remote so you can test you headphones?