Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

2001 pt cruiser

Old 05-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Default 2001 pt cruiser

i have a 2001 pt cruiser when i am driving it for the first time in the morning it goes fine till it get warmed up then shuts off while driving i stop my car and turn it off and restart it after a minute or two from sitting there and go on my way i have taken it today to get the battery checked and it all came out good other than it said battery charge low well so we all know its not the battery someone please help me im so frustrated with this car right now cant even go get the recall done on it yet cause it wont make it that far it dies every mile after the first time of it dying................

Old 05-27-2011, 09:04 PM

Knowing these cars, i'm gonna throw some things out there. Crank or Cam sensor getting hot and shutting the engine down. Fuel pump is old and locking up. IF...the crank sensor is the culprit, sometimes there won't be a code because it shorts the BUS for a second and wipes the memory. Without some codes or any other info that's all I can suggest to you at this time.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:53 PM

Well we just had the upper and lower motor mounts done on the passanger side of the car and then this all started.... we will be driving it a little bit then it just dies we pull over to the side and turn it off let it set two or three minutes and then start it right back up i have done the turning the key on and off three times and no codes but hopefully tuesday when i take it in and getting it checked but can the key be the cause of this if it is broke inside the wrap of it? we put it in and turn it on and the metal part of the key twist inside the plastic cover of it............i know it sounds weird but they have the chips in them as well to help make them run...........i know its not the oil or battery but if the car starts and runs could it be the starter shorting out? im a female so i dont know much about cars any advice is better than nothing maybe where to start first then work my way down the list would be great. i took it to store tonite and ran fine but didnt go far so might just be didnt warm up well yet at that point and time.