Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Helppppp

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Default Helppppp

Hello everyone.I have a 2002 Pt Cruiser with a 2.4l engine.The problem is that is idles rough & has some hesitation when engine gets warm.When the guy first brought it to me it had a huge vacuum leak which I fixed the dieing issue the vehicle had.After that was fixed I noticed this problem but told customer to drive it for awhile & see if it clears up.It didn't.The check engine light was on when he now dropped it off to me with a P0300 random misfire code.The long term fuel trim was +25%Do these vehicles have injector or oxygen sensor issues?Any advice would be help.The car has good power.It just idles rough & hesitates sometimes.The plugs & wires have been replaced a little while ago according to the customer.Could the previous vacuum leak cause the oxygen sensor(s) to go bad?Possible EGR issue?Please help point me in the right direction

Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 AM

Is this a Turbo??

Old 06-25-2011, 05:57 PM

It just idles rough & hesitates sometimes.The plugs & wires have been replaced a little while ago according to the customer.
What Brand of plugs are in the car.........

Pull them out and replace them with the specified CHAMPION plug......

Our motors tend to "SPIT OUT" generic or high performance plugs.....And MANY driveability issues have been corrected successfully by Replacing the "E3" or "BOSCH PLATINUM" plugs that have been stuffed in there recklessly in the hopes of living up to the Hype of ADVERTISEMENT.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Is this a Turbo??
It is not a turbo.Base engine.I will check plugs but today the engine ran horrible & misfired almost constantly.I will check the codes as check engine was flashing but i'm sure its the p0300

Old 07-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Default Update-vehicle is now fixed-step inside....

Hi guys.Just letting you know what the problem was.Cylinder #1 & #3 spark plugs had "carbon tracking"(black line that runs parallel with plug).Even though the plugs were fairly new they must have been dropped by parts supplier or installer.They were the correct Champion plugs too.I replaced the plugs,wires & valve cover gasket as the spark plug tube seals were starting to leak oil from worn valve cover gasket.Vehicle now runs great!Thanks for all your help