Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler PT Cruiser
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2008, 05:34 AM

Default no fuse error code

i have an 02 pt that while trying to replace the radio, i noticed that the odometer was flashing a code that says no fuse....fuse panel fuses all look good....i did find a blown fuse under the hood but after replacing it i still get the error code....i tried disconnecting the battery to reset but no luck.....anyone have any ideas?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:45 AM

Default RE: no fuse error code

Hi It will be the IOD fuse under the hood. Was this the fuse that was blown? Has it blown again?
Old 05-17-2008, 07:12 AM

the fuse in question was the blade fuse (PWR 20amp)....still good after replacement....only thing that seems to be affected is the dome light (bulb good) and the yellow wire going to the radio wiring plug....the other wires the orange red etc etc are all showing power
Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 AM

Do you have a second fuse panel in the interior somewhere? Many vehicles do. Also, not being familiar with the wiring harness colors used in your vehicle, is the yellow line supposed to be switched (by ignition key) or is it supposed to be continuously hot? My guess is that you have a second panel, though I'm not familiar with PT Cruisers, (My Sebring has one) and the interior fuse is blown.

One other thing... Are you replacing a factory radio, or an aftermarket one. If the old one is aftermarket, look for an inline fuse somewhere. (Though I doubt that the blown fuse indicator in your odometer would recognize that.)
Old 05-17-2008, 12:13 PM

merlin!!!!....you nailed it!!!!....been steering around that lil rascal due to the fact i couldnt figure how to get it out....problem solved...it was in fact blown and hence replaced...now i just gotta figure out how to clear my check engine light...lol.....thanx much for the insight, you bout forced me to due the simple thing that i was avoiding....thumbs up merlin
Old 05-17-2008, 03:38 PM

Hi
your welcome and thank you for the update.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:38 PM

Tags
02, 2008, aspen, chrysler, code, cruiser, error, fuse, iod, light, nofuse, odometer, pt, radio, reset