Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

PT headlight adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Default PT headlight adjustment

Hi everyone newbie here...

I am trying to re-aim the headlight on wife's 02 PT since the passenger side is aiming way too low. Issue is for the driver side when I turn the torx screw I can see the light output and reflector bowl move up/down but nothing happens at the passenger side. What could be wrong with it? Broken adjustment gear...etc? Any fix for this?

Any comment welcome.

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM

No one adjusted their headlight aim before?!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 AM

well idk if this will be any help, i haven't had to adjust my head lights, but my friend has a Grand am and he got into an accident and the nut job that he had put the front bumper and headlights back in did it wrong, so i went and tried to adjust the lights my self, when i took them out i found that the adjuster gears were stripped. causing it not walk properly when you turn the screw.

The way i got around this was i had to take the light completely out and by hand pull the adjustment bolt to where it had to be. once i did that it fixed the alignment of the light.

I know theres a screw in the front. im not sure if getting to the actual bulbs are the same for a 2002 model (mines 2006.) but in the wheel well youll see a compartment that you can get into, to get to the lights.

I posted this on the PT cruiser forums im apart of showing how to replace the bulbs, but there might be something in here to help you achieve your goal

Heres the link to the Thread
Replacing Headlight Bulbs - PT Cruiser Forum

You can also try searching on that pt cruiser forum for adjustment of the headlights as well.